Video: John Legend and The Roots Sing at Miss Universe 2010
John Legend was well placed in the center of Miss Universe 2010 pageant stage on Monday, August 23, surrounded by beautiful women around the world while performing a medley. Backed up with The Roots, the singer gave a soulful rendition of "Save Room" while the Top 10 contestants danced around him to show off their night gowns.
Legend and The Roots are long-time collaborators. The appearance at Miss Universe 2010 is a good promo for their upcoming joint project, "Wake Up!". The collaborative album which will be released on September 21 contains covers of classic songs from the '60s and '70s including Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes' "Wake Up Everybody".
Beside "Save Room", they also belted out Stevie Wonder's "I Love Every Little Thing About You" after half of the Top 10 finished telling the audience what their gowns represent.
The beauty pageant witnessed Miss Mexico Jimena Navarrete being crowned this year's Miss Universe. She beat the representatives of Jamaica, Australia, Ukraine and Philippines. "I want to give my parents a big hug," she said at a news conference after the pageant. "There was a lot of effort and a lot of sacrifice."
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake