Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren Officially Divorced, Focusing on 'Parenting Plan'
Tiger Woods and estranged wife Elin Nordegren have now officially divorced. Their marriage was dissolved at Bay County Circuit Court in Panama City, Florida on Monday, August 23. Following the execution, the couple released a joint statement to announce the legal split.
"We are sad that our marriage is over and we wish each other the very best for the future," the statement read. "While we are no longer married, we are the parents of two wonderful children and their happiness has been, and will always be, of paramount importance to both of us."
"Once we came to the decision that our marriage was at an end, the primary focus of our amicable discussions has been to ensure their future well-being," the statement further revealed. "The weeks and months ahead will not be easy for them as we adjust to a new family situation, which is why our privacy must be a principal concern."
As Tiger and Elin have stated in the statement, the divorce documents which were obtained by TMZ also revealed that "the parenting plan is in the best interests of the children." According to the papers, which described Tiger and Elin's marriage as "irretrievably broken", the two have each completed a 4-hour parenting course.
And while the settlement didn't mention division of property and assets, Us Magazine mentioned that Elin would get no less than $100 million. A source told the site, "The family is happy not only about the settlement, but also that Elin can put all this behind her and the kids can start to live a somewhat normal life soon."
Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren wed on October 5, 2004 at the Sandy Lane resort on the Caribbean island of Barbados. Together, they have two kids, 3-year-old Sam Alexis and 1-year-old Charlie Axel. And now that the pair has divorced, Elin's request to restore her maiden name, Elin Maria Pernilla Nordegren, has been granted.
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified
- Scott Gimple Teases Rick's Death in 'The Walking Dead' Season 8