Dimension Films Announces Plan to Make 'Piranha 3-D' Sequel
Dimension Films is apparently pleased with the performance of "Piranha 3-D" that they are planning to make the follow-up. On Monday, August 23, the studio announces that a sequel is already in the works.
"We are thrilled that audiences are not just loving PIRANHA 3D, but cheering for it," producer Mark Canton states in the press release. "And it's fantastic that so many critics are really getting the movie and recommending it. We can't wait to get to work on the sequel."
Storyline for the Piranha 3D sequel has not been decided yet, but director Alexandre Aja has previously revealed the team has been throwing around a lot of different story lines. "We had many ideas, like the full moon party in Thailand - a huge event with like 200,00 young people from all around the world taking mushrooms and partying on the beach," he said as quoted by Entertainment Weekly.
"Piranha 3-D" did no soar high at North American Box Office, debuting on number six last weekend with $10.1 million gross. Though so, the horror thriller which was released in the U.S. on August 20 received rave reviews from top critics such as Associated Press and Reuters.
The film sees prehistoric man-eating fish which creates a new terror to local people around Lake Victoria during a Spring Break. Adam Scott, Jerry O'Connell, Ving Rhames, Jessica Szohr and Eli Roth are supporting the cast ensemble of the 3-D flick.
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child