Dimension Films Announces Plan to Make 'Piranha 3-D' Sequel
Dimension Films is apparently pleased with the performance of "Piranha 3-D" that they are planning to make the follow-up. On Monday, August 23, the studio announces that a sequel is already in the works.
"We are thrilled that audiences are not just loving PIRANHA 3D, but cheering for it," producer Mark Canton states in the press release. "And it's fantastic that so many critics are really getting the movie and recommending it. We can't wait to get to work on the sequel."
Storyline for the Piranha 3D sequel has not been decided yet, but director Alexandre Aja has previously revealed the team has been throwing around a lot of different story lines. "We had many ideas, like the full moon party in Thailand - a huge event with like 200,00 young people from all around the world taking mushrooms and partying on the beach," he said as quoted by Entertainment Weekly.
"Piranha 3-D" did no soar high at North American Box Office, debuting on number six last weekend with $10.1 million gross. Though so, the horror thriller which was released in the U.S. on August 20 received rave reviews from top critics such as Associated Press and Reuters.
The film sees prehistoric man-eating fish which creates a new terror to local people around Lake Victoria during a Spring Break. Adam Scott, Jerry O'Connell, Ving Rhames, Jessica Szohr and Eli Roth are supporting the cast ensemble of the 3-D flick.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show