Dimension Films Announces Plan to Make 'Piranha 3-D' Sequel
Dimension Films is apparently pleased with the performance of "Piranha 3-D" that they are planning to make the follow-up. On Monday, August 23, the studio announces that a sequel is already in the works.
"We are thrilled that audiences are not just loving PIRANHA 3D, but cheering for it," producer Mark Canton states in the press release. "And it's fantastic that so many critics are really getting the movie and recommending it. We can't wait to get to work on the sequel."
Storyline for the Piranha 3D sequel has not been decided yet, but director Alexandre Aja has previously revealed the team has been throwing around a lot of different story lines. "We had many ideas, like the full moon party in Thailand - a huge event with like 200,00 young people from all around the world taking mushrooms and partying on the beach," he said as quoted by Entertainment Weekly.
"Piranha 3-D" did no soar high at North American Box Office, debuting on number six last weekend with $10.1 million gross. Though so, the horror thriller which was released in the U.S. on August 20 received rave reviews from top critics such as Associated Press and Reuters.
The film sees prehistoric man-eating fish which creates a new terror to local people around Lake Victoria during a Spring Break. Adam Scott, Jerry O'Connell, Ving Rhames, Jessica Szohr and Eli Roth are supporting the cast ensemble of the 3-D flick.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding