Jay-Z and U2 Join Forces for Australia Tour
The world of Hip-Hop and rock collide again as it was announced that Jay-Z is touring with U2 for an Australian jaunt. The rapper is made a special guest by the rock band fronted by Bono to perform at their 360 Tour this fall.
Promoted by Live Nation Australia, the tour will visit five cities beginning in Auckland on November 25. There will be stops in Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney before the tour wraps up in Perth on December 18. Tickets are sold to general public on September 3 while the members of U2.com get to buy the early-bird tickets.
This is not the first time Jay-Z joins forces with U2. Together with Rihanna, they took part in charity song "Stranded (Haiti Mon Amour)" earlier this year as well as in "Hope for Haiti" telethon. Both have also paired up for a performance of "Sunday Bloody Sunday" at the 2009 MTV European Music Awards.
As a solo act, Jay-Z is also scheduled to play at Black Ball NY and two hometown stadium shows with Eminem, one in Em's hometown Detroit while the other at Yankee Stadium.
More U2 News
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift