Jennifer Aniston to Play Courteney Cox's Shrink on 'Cougar Town'
"Cougar Town" has become the reunion platform of "Friends" stars for the second time. Courteney Cox who is the lead actress of the ABC comedy has previously convinced Lisa Kudrow to become her dermatologist in this January episode and now she has successfully lured Jennifer Aniston to be her shrink.
Aniston is reserved for a very good slot at the second season premiere which is airing September 22. "She's going to play Courteney's shrink named Bonnie," executive producer Bill Lawrence told EW. "Kind of a get-too-involved-in-her-life-type of therapist. Those guys are so close in real-life they kind of do that for each other anyway. Bonnie has the life Jules wishes she has."
On the reason why Aniston only appears in the sophomore year, Lawrence said they want to make sure it would "click" first before proposing the idea to Aniston. "It starts and ends with Courteney and Jennifer being really great friends and excited to work together again - especially doing comedy together. Every day that those two talk they have more ideas about [Bonnie]. It's definitely something they're both involved in creatively," Lawrence said.
Aniston's appearance on the show may not be a one-time thing as Lawrence put it, "We're very intentionally implying that it's a therapist Courteney has been using for a while, and we're certainly not going to make it like they'll never see each other again."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival