Taylor Schilling Beats Out Abbie Cornish to Be 'The Lucky One' With Zac Efron
Taylor Schilling has literally become the lucky one. She has grabbed a female lead role as well as a chance to star opposite Zac Efron in "The Lucky One", reports say. To nab the highly sought role, she has beaten out other Hollywood stars such as Abbie Cornish and Katie Cassidy who were also in the running.
The film, based on Nicholas Sparks' novel of the same title, follows Efron's character of a soldier who has survived three tours of duty in Iraq and attributes his good luck to a photograph he carried of a woman, portrayed by Schilling, whom he doesn't even know. When he returns to the States, he will seek out the girl and later they develop a relationship.
Filming for the drama movie will start in fall with Scott Hicks serving behind the lens. Douglas McGrath and Will Fetters, meanwhile, are tapped to write the script. Warner Bros. Pictures has picked up the distribution right for "The Lucky One" which could arrive in theaters in 2011.
Taylor Schilling is best known for starring in NBC's drama series "Mercy" in which she portrays the female lead character, Nurse Veronica Callahan. The 26-year-old actress has just completed the production of film feature "Atlas Shrugged".
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna