Taylor Schilling Beats Out Abbie Cornish to Be 'The Lucky One' With Zac Efron
Taylor Schilling has literally become the lucky one. She has grabbed a female lead role as well as a chance to star opposite Zac Efron in "The Lucky One", reports say. To nab the highly sought role, she has beaten out other Hollywood stars such as Abbie Cornish and Katie Cassidy who were also in the running.
The film, based on Nicholas Sparks' novel of the same title, follows Efron's character of a soldier who has survived three tours of duty in Iraq and attributes his good luck to a photograph he carried of a woman, portrayed by Schilling, whom he doesn't even know. When he returns to the States, he will seek out the girl and later they develop a relationship.
Filming for the drama movie will start in fall with Scott Hicks serving behind the lens. Douglas McGrath and Will Fetters, meanwhile, are tapped to write the script. Warner Bros. Pictures has picked up the distribution right for "The Lucky One" which could arrive in theaters in 2011.
Taylor Schilling is best known for starring in NBC's drama series "Mercy" in which she portrays the female lead character, Nurse Veronica Callahan. The 26-year-old actress has just completed the production of film feature "Atlas Shrugged".
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny