Taylor Schilling Beats Out Abbie Cornish to Be 'The Lucky One' With Zac Efron
Taylor Schilling has literally become the lucky one. She has grabbed a female lead role as well as a chance to star opposite Zac Efron in "The Lucky One", reports say. To nab the highly sought role, she has beaten out other Hollywood stars such as Abbie Cornish and Katie Cassidy who were also in the running.
The film, based on Nicholas Sparks' novel of the same title, follows Efron's character of a soldier who has survived three tours of duty in Iraq and attributes his good luck to a photograph he carried of a woman, portrayed by Schilling, whom he doesn't even know. When he returns to the States, he will seek out the girl and later they develop a relationship.
Filming for the drama movie will start in fall with Scott Hicks serving behind the lens. Douglas McGrath and Will Fetters, meanwhile, are tapped to write the script. Warner Bros. Pictures has picked up the distribution right for "The Lucky One" which could arrive in theaters in 2011.
Taylor Schilling is best known for starring in NBC's drama series "Mercy" in which she portrays the female lead character, Nurse Veronica Callahan. The 26-year-old actress has just completed the production of film feature "Atlas Shrugged".
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl
- Bella Hadid's 'Hurt and Pissed' The Weeknd Moves On So Fast With Selena Gomez
- Jessica Biel's Thriller 'The Sinner' Gets Series Order at USA Network
- Chelsea Handler Blames the Kardashians for Donald Trump's Election Win. Here's Why
- Lamar Odom Apologizes to Ex Khloe for Her 'Wasted Time and Energy' in Emotional Interview
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character