Video: Fantasia's 'Bittersweet' Performance After Suicide Attempt
Fantasia Barrino was a surprise guest on the birthday party of Charlotte Bobcats player Tyrus Thomas earlier this week. This reportedly becomes her first public appearance since she was hospitalized for overdose in a suicide attempt.
"I been in the house for a week so you know I'm bout to act ugly," she told the crowd as quoted by Sound-Savvy. "When they said it was over for me, I'm here to say I'm back!" After that, the "American Idol" alum belted out an emotionally-charged rendition of her slow jam "Bittersweet".
Cameras are seen rolling while Fantasia finished her live performance at the celebration. It is widely believed that the set was taped for the upcoming second season of her TV show "Fantasia for Real" which runs on VH1.
"Bittersweet" is lifted from Fantasia's upcoming third studio album "Back to Me" which is going to hit U.S. market on August 24. To promote the effort, she has done a five-song set of WallMart Soundcheck. In an interview for the show, the singer who is recently hit with adulterous affair scandal said, "You can fall down, but you have to pick yourself up, brush yourself off and keep it moving."
"I always tell people that life is not perfect. If you don't go through anything, then how can you help somebody along the way? It doesn't matter anymore. Stop talking about all this stuff that you've been through. Stop sitting on it and letting it keep you back. Learn how to fly again."
- Britney Spears Calls James Corden 'So Dirty' in Sneak Peek of Their Carpool Karaoke
- Blac Chyna Sued Over Car Crash Caused by Her Friend
- Tyga Ordered to Pay Another Former Landlord $186,000 for Damages
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series