Video: Fantasia's 'Bittersweet' Performance After Suicide Attempt
Fantasia Barrino was a surprise guest on the birthday party of Charlotte Bobcats player Tyrus Thomas earlier this week. This reportedly becomes her first public appearance since she was hospitalized for overdose in a suicide attempt.
"I been in the house for a week so you know I'm bout to act ugly," she told the crowd as quoted by Sound-Savvy. "When they said it was over for me, I'm here to say I'm back!" After that, the "American Idol" alum belted out an emotionally-charged rendition of her slow jam "Bittersweet".
Cameras are seen rolling while Fantasia finished her live performance at the celebration. It is widely believed that the set was taped for the upcoming second season of her TV show "Fantasia for Real" which runs on VH1.
"Bittersweet" is lifted from Fantasia's upcoming third studio album "Back to Me" which is going to hit U.S. market on August 24. To promote the effort, she has done a five-song set of WallMart Soundcheck. In an interview for the show, the singer who is recently hit with adulterous affair scandal said, "You can fall down, but you have to pick yourself up, brush yourself off and keep it moving."
"I always tell people that life is not perfect. If you don't go through anything, then how can you help somebody along the way? It doesn't matter anymore. Stop talking about all this stuff that you've been through. Stop sitting on it and letting it keep you back. Learn how to fly again."
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert