Katie Holmes Filmed Kennedy's Assassination Scene
Katie Holmes helped Americans to re-enact the tragedy of U.S. President John F. Kennedy's assassination on Friday, August 20 when the actress put on Jackie O's famous pink suit. The filming of miniseries "The Kennedys" has reached the climax scene in Toronto, recreating the shooting that took place in Dallas, Texas on November 22, 1963.
In a series of on-set photos, Holmes is seen with a suit and pillbox hat that the First Lady wore during the tragedy. She was filming alongside Greg Kinnear who portrays the last President. Together, the actors descended the plane and got ready to hop on the convertible that would later be the last place Kennedy was seen conscious.
Historically, Jackie refused to take off her blood-stained suit when vice president Lyndon B. Johnson took office oath inside Air Force One hours after the tragedy. She reportedly told Lady Bird Johnson, "I want them to see what they have done to Jack."
"The Kennedys" will air on History Channel in 2011.
- Four New Christina Grimmie Music Videos Will Be Released in August
- Justin Timberlake's Fan Arrested After Slapping the Singer at Golf Tournament
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2