Katie Holmes Filmed Kennedy's Assassination Scene
Katie Holmes helped Americans to re-enact the tragedy of U.S. President John F. Kennedy's assassination on Friday, August 20 when the actress put on Jackie O's famous pink suit. The filming of miniseries "The Kennedys" has reached the climax scene in Toronto, recreating the shooting that took place in Dallas, Texas on November 22, 1963.
In a series of on-set photos, Holmes is seen with a suit and pillbox hat that the First Lady wore during the tragedy. She was filming alongside Greg Kinnear who portrays the last President. Together, the actors descended the plane and got ready to hop on the convertible that would later be the last place Kennedy was seen conscious.
Historically, Jackie refused to take off her blood-stained suit when vice president Lyndon B. Johnson took office oath inside Air Force One hours after the tragedy. She reportedly told Lady Bird Johnson, "I want them to see what they have done to Jack."
"The Kennedys" will air on History Channel in 2011.
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?