Michael J. Fox to Make Rare Acting Gig on 'Good Wife'
In a press release, Friday, August 20, CBS announced that five-time Emmy winner Michael J. Fox is going to pay a visit to Julianna Margulies' acclaimed drama "The Good Wife". He has been cast to play a "shrewd and cynical litigator" who will face Margulies' Alicia in a class-action suit.
"We're absolutely thrilled that Michael has agreed to play this role," said executive producers and show creators Robert and Michelle King. "His intelligence as an actor, combined with his incredible comic timing will really bring this smart, cynical lawyer to life."
More about his character, Simon Canning is willing to use anything in court, including symptoms of his neurological condition, to create sympathy for his otherwise unsympathetic client: a giant pharmaceutical company.
This casting news is interesting particularly because Fox doesn't do so much acting gig anymore since early 2000s. The actor, who was diagnosed with Parkinson's, only guest starred in "Rescue Me" last year and he got an Emmy for it.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri