Michael J. Fox to Make Rare Acting Gig on 'Good Wife'
In a press release, Friday, August 20, CBS announced that five-time Emmy winner Michael J. Fox is going to pay a visit to Julianna Margulies' acclaimed drama "The Good Wife". He has been cast to play a "shrewd and cynical litigator" who will face Margulies' Alicia in a class-action suit.
"We're absolutely thrilled that Michael has agreed to play this role," said executive producers and show creators Robert and Michelle King. "His intelligence as an actor, combined with his incredible comic timing will really bring this smart, cynical lawyer to life."
More about his character, Simon Canning is willing to use anything in court, including symptoms of his neurological condition, to create sympathy for his otherwise unsympathetic client: a giant pharmaceutical company.
This casting news is interesting particularly because Fox doesn't do so much acting gig anymore since early 2000s. The actor, who was diagnosed with Parkinson's, only guest starred in "Rescue Me" last year and he got an Emmy for it.
More The Good Wife News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding