Bryan Singer Drops Details About 'X-Men: First Class'
"X-Men: First Class" has attracted people's attention lately with its wide casting reports. Now, Bryan Singer once again teases audience by spilling on some details about the movie, which is going to kick off principal photography on August 31.
Speaking to Ain't It Cool News, the producer says the story will be set in the 1960's when Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr are in their late twenties. Xavier, played by James McAvoy, will not be in his wheelchair at the beginning of the film but it will be explained how he wounds up in a wheelchair. Moreover, Xavier aka Professor X will still have hair.
On other characters, Singer says that Kevin Bacon's character is Sebastian Shaw and, with January Jones as Emma Frost, Hellfire Club will be featured in the upcoming movie. He additionally confirms that Rose Byrne will play Moira MacTaggert, while Cyclops' brother Alex Summers aka Havoc will appear as portrayed by Lucas Till.
Singer also would like people to know that "First Class" movie will not be based on the "First Class" comic, but rather a new beginning for "X-Men" series. While the story will not stay true to the comic, the costumes are promised to be far more comic bookish than in the previous films.
Singer further gushes that "First Class" directed by Matthew Vaughn will have a much more international feel than the prior "X-Men" movies. Shooting will take place in England and the United States, which will represent other locations around the world such as Russia.
Filming is planned to begin with Xavier at Oxford University in the 60s and the "Superman Returns" helmer admits that Vaughn is technologically inspired by James Bond's tech of the time. Asked when fans can get the first look from the film, Singer promises there will be something from the movie to come out in about a month, if not sooner.
Paired up with James McAvoy in "X-Men: First Class" as the lead actor is Michael Fassbender who will star as Magneto. The sci-fi movie that will chart the epic beginning of the "X-Men" saga is slated to arrive on June 3, 2011 in the U.S.
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos
- Drake's 'Views' Returns to No. 1 on Billboard 200 for 13th Week
- Idina Menzel Debuts Engagement Ring From Fiance Aaron Lohr at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!