Bryan Singer Drops Details About 'X-Men: First Class'
"X-Men: First Class" has attracted people's attention lately with its wide casting reports. Now, Bryan Singer once again teases audience by spilling on some details about the movie, which is going to kick off principal photography on August 31.
Speaking to Ain't It Cool News, the producer says the story will be set in the 1960's when Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr are in their late twenties. Xavier, played by James McAvoy, will not be in his wheelchair at the beginning of the film but it will be explained how he wounds up in a wheelchair. Moreover, Xavier aka Professor X will still have hair.
On other characters, Singer says that Kevin Bacon's character is Sebastian Shaw and, with January Jones as Emma Frost, Hellfire Club will be featured in the upcoming movie. He additionally confirms that Rose Byrne will play Moira MacTaggert, while Cyclops' brother Alex Summers aka Havoc will appear as portrayed by Lucas Till.
Singer also would like people to know that "First Class" movie will not be based on the "First Class" comic, but rather a new beginning for "X-Men" series. While the story will not stay true to the comic, the costumes are promised to be far more comic bookish than in the previous films.
Singer further gushes that "First Class" directed by Matthew Vaughn will have a much more international feel than the prior "X-Men" movies. Shooting will take place in England and the United States, which will represent other locations around the world such as Russia.
Filming is planned to begin with Xavier at Oxford University in the 60s and the "Superman Returns" helmer admits that Vaughn is technologically inspired by James Bond's tech of the time. Asked when fans can get the first look from the film, Singer promises there will be something from the movie to come out in about a month, if not sooner.
Paired up with James McAvoy in "X-Men: First Class" as the lead actor is Michael Fassbender who will star as Magneto. The sci-fi movie that will chart the epic beginning of the "X-Men" saga is slated to arrive on June 3, 2011 in the U.S.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri