Rupert Friend Is Battered in 'The Kid' Trailer
A trailer for drama movie "The Kid" has been made available for viewing pleasure. An exclusive courtesy of The Sun, the video presents the scenes from the past and future of a boy named Kevin Lewis, showing his hard life.
The film is based on the bestselling memoirs of writer Kevin Lewis, who was growing up on a poverty-stricken London council estate, beaten and starved by his parents, bullied at school and abandoned by social services. Even after he was put into care, he found himself out on the streets caught up in a criminal underworld that knew him as 'The Kid'.
Rupert Friend portrays adult Lewis, with Natascha McElhone playing his sadistic, chain-smoking mum. Ioan Gruffudd lands a role as a sympathetic schoolteacher, while Nick Moran serves behind the lens for the movie. "The Kid" will arrive in the U.K. on September 17.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story