Rupert Friend Is Battered in 'The Kid' Trailer
A trailer for drama movie "The Kid" has been made available for viewing pleasure. An exclusive courtesy of The Sun, the video presents the scenes from the past and future of a boy named Kevin Lewis, showing his hard life.
The film is based on the bestselling memoirs of writer Kevin Lewis, who was growing up on a poverty-stricken London council estate, beaten and starved by his parents, bullied at school and abandoned by social services. Even after he was put into care, he found himself out on the streets caught up in a criminal underworld that knew him as 'The Kid'.
Rupert Friend portrays adult Lewis, with Natascha McElhone playing his sadistic, chain-smoking mum. Ioan Gruffudd lands a role as a sympathetic schoolteacher, while Nick Moran serves behind the lens for the movie. "The Kid" will arrive in the U.K. on September 17.
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat
- Did Katy Perry Secretly Undergo Plastic Surgery?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Spark Rise in Bel-Air Property Prices
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia