Rupert Friend Is Battered in 'The Kid' Trailer
A trailer for drama movie "The Kid" has been made available for viewing pleasure. An exclusive courtesy of The Sun, the video presents the scenes from the past and future of a boy named Kevin Lewis, showing his hard life.
The film is based on the bestselling memoirs of writer Kevin Lewis, who was growing up on a poverty-stricken London council estate, beaten and starved by his parents, bullied at school and abandoned by social services. Even after he was put into care, he found himself out on the streets caught up in a criminal underworld that knew him as 'The Kid'.
Rupert Friend portrays adult Lewis, with Natascha McElhone playing his sadistic, chain-smoking mum. Ioan Gruffudd lands a role as a sympathetic schoolteacher, while Nick Moran serves behind the lens for the movie. "The Kid" will arrive in the U.K. on September 17.
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups
- Mariah Carey Wears No Underwear in Sheer White Dress During Romantic Getaway With Fiance
- Exes Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Trapped in Elevator for Four Hours. Was It Awkward?
- Mom Material? Katy Perry Bonds With Orlando Bloom's Son Flynn at Shanghai Disneyland
- Listen to 'Trolls' Soundtrack Featuring Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani and Ariana Grande