Rupert Friend Is Battered in 'The Kid' Trailer
A trailer for drama movie "The Kid" has been made available for viewing pleasure. An exclusive courtesy of The Sun, the video presents the scenes from the past and future of a boy named Kevin Lewis, showing his hard life.
The film is based on the bestselling memoirs of writer Kevin Lewis, who was growing up on a poverty-stricken London council estate, beaten and starved by his parents, bullied at school and abandoned by social services. Even after he was put into care, he found himself out on the streets caught up in a criminal underworld that knew him as 'The Kid'.
Rupert Friend portrays adult Lewis, with Natascha McElhone playing his sadistic, chain-smoking mum. Ioan Gruffudd lands a role as a sympathetic schoolteacher, while Nick Moran serves behind the lens for the movie. "The Kid" will arrive in the U.K. on September 17.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video