Chelsea Handler Eyes to Reunite Kanye West and Taylor Swift for MTV VMAs
Newly-announced host Chelsea Handler has shared her plan about what she would like to do to host 2010 MTV Video Music Awards. In an interview with Ryan Seacrest for his radio show on August 19, she says having Kanye West and Taylor Swift reunited would be "really fun."
"I want to go and film some ridiculous stuff and see if Kanye, if we can do something with Kanye, because I always talk about Kanye, so he seems like he'd be in on the fun," she said. "We just had our first couple of meetings the last couple of weeks, and then we'll figure out a plan."
As if having Kanye is not enough, the "Chelsea Lately" host further explained that she is intrigued to get the rap mogul appearing together with Taylor, whom he interrupted when delivering her Best Female Video acceptance speech last year. Chelsea stated, "I'd like to get them together is what I'd like to get, because you've never really seen them together since then."
"They were supposed to be on 'SNL,' but then that didn't end up happening. I don't know. We'll try and think of something clever to do with them, because that would be really fun. Everyone loves Taylor Swift, and Kanye's ... Kanye."
The 2010 MTV Video Music Awards will air live from Nokia Theater in Los Angeles on Sunday night, September 12 at 9 P.M. ET/PT. Nicki Minaj, Selena Gomez, Emma Stone, Ne-Yo, Penn Badgley, Trey Songz, Ke$ha and Ashley Greene are announced as presenters. Kanye West, Drake, Florence and the Machine, Justin Bieber and B.o.B are the musical guests. Meanwhile, Deadmau5 is recruited as the house band.
- Laura Prepon Expecting First Child With Ben Foster
- Tom Brady on His Friendship With Donald Trump: Why Is It Such a Big Deal?
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Technical Difficulty Causes More Termination
- 'Saturday Night Live' Writer Is Suspended for Mocking Barron Trump on Twitter
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger