'Jumper 2' Could Be 'Somewhere a Little Darker'
Hayden Christensen had always shown optimism about "Jumper" sequel and he has not changed his mind. Met at the premiere of his latest starring-film "Takers", the actor tells MTV Movies Blog that talks about making "Jumper 2" are happening, claiming "We're talking about it right now actually."
Asked where the story could go in the sequel, he says, "Hopefully somewhere a little darker." He further explains, "I think there's a lot you can do with it. It was sort of set up in a way it's gonna be mother hunting son and possibly even maybe sister hunting brother," before adding "We're talking about it, trying to figure it out."
Before "Jumper" was even released, there had been an idea to make it three-set movies. Back in 2008, Christensen confirmed the plan, stating "It was set up to become that - a trilogy - if it did well. And I think they're happy with how it did so they want to make another one. But I don't think they're rushing to get into production."
"Jumper" follows Hayden Christensen's David Rice who could teleport himself anywhere in an instant. Because of his unique ability, he is hunted by 'Paladins', people who dedicate their time to kill any 'Jumper' like him. Chasing Rice is Roland Cox, played by Samuel L. Jackson, who believes that only the Lord Almighty should be able to be everywhere at once.
Directed by Doug Liman, sci-fi adventure flick was not adored by critics but it performed well at box office. The film raked in a total of $222.2 million globally as of press time and was named the 28th highest-grossing film worldwide for 2008.
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'
- Mariah Carey Sizzles in Racy Latex Outfit While Reuniting With Nick Cannon for Halloween Party
- 'The Walking Dead' Reveals Negan's Victim(s) With Brutal Twist
- 'Boo! A Madea Halloween' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Rules Overseas
- Drake Announces 'More Life' Project, Previews 4 New Songs
- Ryan Gosling Could've Starred on 'Gilmore Girls'
- Are They Dating? John Mayer Spotted Getting Close to Demi Lovato While Hanging Out in LA