Official: Chelsea Handler Will Host MTV Video Music Awards
Just hours after MTV announced Justin Bieber, B.o.B, Ke$ha and Ashley Greene are added to the already star-studded line-up of Video Music Awards, Chelsea Handler took it to her own TV show "Chelsea Lately" to reveal that she has been handed a hosting duty for the upcoming show.
During the Wednesday, August 18 which features guest Jennifer Aniston, Handler said, "Everyone knows that when you think of rap music and hip-hop you think of 'Chelsea Lately.' And that's why I will be hosting [the show]." She then jokingly urged her staff to vie for the extra tickets MTV handed to her. "Let the ass-kissing begin," she said with smiles.
Chelsea Handler now officially joins the hall of comedians list which hosted VMAs in the past years. They include two-time VMAs host Russell Brand, Jimmy Fallon, two-time host Chris Rock, Jack Black, four-time host Arsenio Hall and Eddie Murphy.
The 2010 MTV Video Music Awards will air live from Nokia Theater in Los Angeles on Sunday night, September 12 at 9 P.M. ET/PT. Nicki Minaj, Selena Gomez, Emma Stone, Ne-Yo, Penn Badgley and Trey Songz have been previously announced as presenters. Kanye West, Drake and Florence and the Machine are the other musical guests. Meanwhile, Deadmau5 is recruited as the house band.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group