Official: Chelsea Handler Will Host MTV Video Music Awards
Just hours after MTV announced Justin Bieber, B.o.B, Ke$ha and Ashley Greene are added to the already star-studded line-up of Video Music Awards, Chelsea Handler took it to her own TV show "Chelsea Lately" to reveal that she has been handed a hosting duty for the upcoming show.
During the Wednesday, August 18 which features guest Jennifer Aniston, Handler said, "Everyone knows that when you think of rap music and hip-hop you think of 'Chelsea Lately.' And that's why I will be hosting [the show]." She then jokingly urged her staff to vie for the extra tickets MTV handed to her. "Let the ass-kissing begin," she said with smiles.
Chelsea Handler now officially joins the hall of comedians list which hosted VMAs in the past years. They include two-time VMAs host Russell Brand, Jimmy Fallon, two-time host Chris Rock, Jack Black, four-time host Arsenio Hall and Eddie Murphy.
The 2010 MTV Video Music Awards will air live from Nokia Theater in Los Angeles on Sunday night, September 12 at 9 P.M. ET/PT. Nicki Minaj, Selena Gomez, Emma Stone, Ne-Yo, Penn Badgley and Trey Songz have been previously announced as presenters. Kanye West, Drake and Florence and the Machine are the other musical guests. Meanwhile, Deadmau5 is recruited as the house band.
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'