Naomi Watts' Thriller 'Fair Game' Unleashes First Trailer
Summit Entertainment has debuted the first full trailer for "Fair Game" starring Oscar-nominated actress Naomi Watts as a covert officer in the CIA's Counter-Proliferation Division, Valerie Plame. Making its way out via Yahoo! Movies, the video follows Valerie who leads an investigation into the existence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.
They turn to her husband, Sean Penn's Joe Wilson, for an opinion about the weapons. But when the administration ignores his findings, Joe writes a New York Times editorial outlining his conclusions and igniting a firestorm of controversy after alleging the administration for manipulating intelligence about the weapons to justify the invasion of Iraq.
Soon after, Valerie's covert status is reported by a high-profile Washington journalist and she is accused of being a traitor. With her cover blown and her overseas contacts placed in mortal danger, Valerie is pushed to the breaking point as her career and private life collapse. She now struggles to save her reputation, her career and her family.
Based on a true story, "Fair Game" picks up a political issue that captured the news headlines but is told from a more personal perspective. "The Bourne Identity" helmer Doug Liman serves behind the lens for the upcoming drama thriller, which was premiered at recent Cannes Film Festival. The movie will open wide in U.S. theaters on November 15.
- Justin Bieber Appears to Pee His Pants During Outing - And He's Proud of It
- Is Brad Pitt Staying at a Sober House?
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip