Naomi Watts' Thriller 'Fair Game' Unleashes First Trailer
Summit Entertainment has debuted the first full trailer for "Fair Game" starring Oscar-nominated actress Naomi Watts as a covert officer in the CIA's Counter-Proliferation Division, Valerie Plame. Making its way out via Yahoo! Movies, the video follows Valerie who leads an investigation into the existence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.
They turn to her husband, Sean Penn's Joe Wilson, for an opinion about the weapons. But when the administration ignores his findings, Joe writes a New York Times editorial outlining his conclusions and igniting a firestorm of controversy after alleging the administration for manipulating intelligence about the weapons to justify the invasion of Iraq.
Soon after, Valerie's covert status is reported by a high-profile Washington journalist and she is accused of being a traitor. With her cover blown and her overseas contacts placed in mortal danger, Valerie is pushed to the breaking point as her career and private life collapse. She now struggles to save her reputation, her career and her family.
Based on a true story, "Fair Game" picks up a political issue that captured the news headlines but is told from a more personal perspective. "The Bourne Identity" helmer Doug Liman serves behind the lens for the upcoming drama thriller, which was premiered at recent Cannes Film Festival. The movie will open wide in U.S. theaters on November 15.
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts