Naomi Watts' Thriller 'Fair Game' Unleashes First Trailer
Summit Entertainment has debuted the first full trailer for "Fair Game" starring Oscar-nominated actress Naomi Watts as a covert officer in the CIA's Counter-Proliferation Division, Valerie Plame. Making its way out via Yahoo! Movies, the video follows Valerie who leads an investigation into the existence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.
They turn to her husband, Sean Penn's Joe Wilson, for an opinion about the weapons. But when the administration ignores his findings, Joe writes a New York Times editorial outlining his conclusions and igniting a firestorm of controversy after alleging the administration for manipulating intelligence about the weapons to justify the invasion of Iraq.
Soon after, Valerie's covert status is reported by a high-profile Washington journalist and she is accused of being a traitor. With her cover blown and her overseas contacts placed in mortal danger, Valerie is pushed to the breaking point as her career and private life collapse. She now struggles to save her reputation, her career and her family.
Based on a true story, "Fair Game" picks up a political issue that captured the news headlines but is told from a more personal perspective. "The Bourne Identity" helmer Doug Liman serves behind the lens for the upcoming drama thriller, which was premiered at recent Cannes Film Festival. The movie will open wide in U.S. theaters on November 15.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says