Facing Additional Charge, Snooki Pleads Not Guilty
"Jersey Shore" star Snooki skipped a hearing in a Seaside Heights, New Jersey courtroom on Wednesday, August 18 following her July 30 arrest in the New Jersey beach town. However, the reality TV star has her attorney, Raymond Raya, entered not guilty plea to three charges, People reported.
Snooki, real name Nicole Polizzi, was charged with disorderly conduct and creating a public nuisance after bothering beachgoers on the arrest day. However, prosecutors have revealed that Snooki may also face an additional charge of annoying people at the beach.
Municipal Prosecutor Kim Pascarella told Associated Press, "I understand she's become a public celebrity, but in all honesty it's really not much of a charge." Snooki's trial is scheduled for September 8. Snooki, however, will not face a prison sentence even if she is convicted of all three charges. She will face $2,000 in fines, but her attorney claimed Snooki's clean record should keep maximum fines down to $500.
Snooki landed the charges after "acting in a disorderly matter" at Seaside Heights where all the MTV drama unfolds for the cast. When making the commotion, she "was transported to police headquarters and later released on a summons."
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic
- Move Out Rihanna! Drake Wakes Up Next to 'the Most Beautiful Woman' After His Birthday Party
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake