Facing Additional Charge, Snooki Pleads Not Guilty
"Jersey Shore" star Snooki skipped a hearing in a Seaside Heights, New Jersey courtroom on Wednesday, August 18 following her July 30 arrest in the New Jersey beach town. However, the reality TV star has her attorney, Raymond Raya, entered not guilty plea to three charges, People reported.
Snooki, real name Nicole Polizzi, was charged with disorderly conduct and creating a public nuisance after bothering beachgoers on the arrest day. However, prosecutors have revealed that Snooki may also face an additional charge of annoying people at the beach.
Municipal Prosecutor Kim Pascarella told Associated Press, "I understand she's become a public celebrity, but in all honesty it's really not much of a charge." Snooki's trial is scheduled for September 8. Snooki, however, will not face a prison sentence even if she is convicted of all three charges. She will face $2,000 in fines, but her attorney claimed Snooki's clean record should keep maximum fines down to $500.
Snooki landed the charges after "acting in a disorderly matter" at Seaside Heights where all the MTV drama unfolds for the cast. When making the commotion, she "was transported to police headquarters and later released on a summons."
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera