Steven Tyler's Gig on 'American Idol' Confirmed by Bandmate
While FOX prefers to keep being mum about the new judges of "American Idol", confirmation comes out from Steven Tyler's bandmate in Aerosmith, Tom Hamilton. The bassist said Tyler is a lock to be the replacement of Simon Cowell during an interview with Star Ledger.
"Steven is doing 'American Idol'. The ink is dry on that," said Hamilton. "So, we'll have to work around his schedule for a new record. I hope it doesn't hurt the new momentum we've built up on this tour, because that's been so important for us as a band. But I wouldn't want to be the one standing in the way of this for him."
Aerosmith are in the middle of its tour which will span up to September 16. Hamilton is not the only source of confirmation. Deadline reported on Wednesday, August 18 that the deal with Tyler is "done" although a spokesperson for "Idol" still would not give a nod to it.
Giving an insight to how Tyler would do as a judge, Hamilton said, "Steven is someone who absolutely lives to be in front of an audience, and the people closest to him know how witty and entertaining he can be. I don't know if 'American Idol' will be rock 'n' roll enough for him, but it is an opportunity for millions of people to see another side of Steven Tyler."
More American Idol News
- Ja Rule Apologizes for Disastrous Fyre Festival, Insists 'It Was Not a Scam'
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner