Steven Tyler's Gig on 'American Idol' Confirmed by Bandmate
While FOX prefers to keep being mum about the new judges of "American Idol", confirmation comes out from Steven Tyler's bandmate in Aerosmith, Tom Hamilton. The bassist said Tyler is a lock to be the replacement of Simon Cowell during an interview with Star Ledger.
"Steven is doing 'American Idol'. The ink is dry on that," said Hamilton. "So, we'll have to work around his schedule for a new record. I hope it doesn't hurt the new momentum we've built up on this tour, because that's been so important for us as a band. But I wouldn't want to be the one standing in the way of this for him."
Aerosmith are in the middle of its tour which will span up to September 16. Hamilton is not the only source of confirmation. Deadline reported on Wednesday, August 18 that the deal with Tyler is "done" although a spokesperson for "Idol" still would not give a nod to it.
Giving an insight to how Tyler would do as a judge, Hamilton said, "Steven is someone who absolutely lives to be in front of an audience, and the people closest to him know how witty and entertaining he can be. I don't know if 'American Idol' will be rock 'n' roll enough for him, but it is an opportunity for millions of people to see another side of Steven Tyler."
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle