Rihanna Influenced by 'Love the Way You Lie' in Her New Album
Bosses at Island Def Jam want "Love the Way You Lie" producer Alex da Kid to create another hit single for Rihanna. The request came hot on the heels of the success of the Eminem track which features the Barbadian songstress.
"We worked together about a year before 'Love the Way You Lie' in London, and obviously that song has helped the people around her and her label say, 'Oh, that's a big hit, we want another one'," the producer said. "You know how the music industry is."
Alex additionally explained that RiRi's new sound is a combination of her past work, saying it still got an edge despite being commercial. "I'd say it's like a mixture of her two sides. It's commercial, but at the same time it's got an edge to it - it has substance," he stated.
Alex da Kid is one of today's in-demand producers. Beside working with Rihanna, he is also helping Avril Lavigne making her new record and already made a lot of smash hits such as B.o.B's "Airplanes" which features Hayley Williams and the Slim Shady.
More Rihanna News
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville