Rihanna Influenced by 'Love the Way You Lie' in Her New Album
Bosses at Island Def Jam want "Love the Way You Lie" producer Alex da Kid to create another hit single for Rihanna. The request came hot on the heels of the success of the Eminem track which features the Barbadian songstress.
"We worked together about a year before 'Love the Way You Lie' in London, and obviously that song has helped the people around her and her label say, 'Oh, that's a big hit, we want another one'," the producer said. "You know how the music industry is."
Alex additionally explained that RiRi's new sound is a combination of her past work, saying it still got an edge despite being commercial. "I'd say it's like a mixture of her two sides. It's commercial, but at the same time it's got an edge to it - it has substance," he stated.
Alex da Kid is one of today's in-demand producers. Beside working with Rihanna, he is also helping Avril Lavigne making her new record and already made a lot of smash hits such as B.o.B's "Airplanes" which features Hayley Williams and the Slim Shady.
More Rihanna News
- Suspect in Ariana Grande Concert Bombing Identified, His Brother Arrested by Police
- Ashley Tisdale and Lucas Grabeel Reunite to Cover Classic 'High School Musical' Song
- Katy Perry Wants to Celebrate Her $25M 'American Idol' Paycheck With a 'Beautiful Man'
- Hailey Baldwin Goes Braless for Maxim as She's Dubbed the World's Sexiest Woman
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 2: And the Winner of Season 12 Is....
- Kim Kardashian Faces Backlash Over Insensitive Tribute to Manchester Attack Victims
- Future Enlists Kendrick Lamar on 'Mask Off' Remix - Listen
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown