Rihanna Influenced by 'Love the Way You Lie' in Her New Album
Bosses at Island Def Jam want "Love the Way You Lie" producer Alex da Kid to create another hit single for Rihanna. The request came hot on the heels of the success of the Eminem track which features the Barbadian songstress.
"We worked together about a year before 'Love the Way You Lie' in London, and obviously that song has helped the people around her and her label say, 'Oh, that's a big hit, we want another one'," the producer said. "You know how the music industry is."
Alex additionally explained that RiRi's new sound is a combination of her past work, saying it still got an edge despite being commercial. "I'd say it's like a mixture of her two sides. It's commercial, but at the same time it's got an edge to it - it has substance," he stated.
Alex da Kid is one of today's in-demand producers. Beside working with Rihanna, he is also helping Avril Lavigne making her new record and already made a lot of smash hits such as B.o.B's "Airplanes" which features Hayley Williams and the Slim Shady.
More Rihanna News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance