Rihanna Influenced by 'Love the Way You Lie' in Her New Album
Bosses at Island Def Jam want "Love the Way You Lie" producer Alex da Kid to create another hit single for Rihanna. The request came hot on the heels of the success of the Eminem track which features the Barbadian songstress.
"We worked together about a year before 'Love the Way You Lie' in London, and obviously that song has helped the people around her and her label say, 'Oh, that's a big hit, we want another one'," the producer said. "You know how the music industry is."
Alex additionally explained that RiRi's new sound is a combination of her past work, saying it still got an edge despite being commercial. "I'd say it's like a mixture of her two sides. It's commercial, but at the same time it's got an edge to it - it has substance," he stated.
Alex da Kid is one of today's in-demand producers. Beside working with Rihanna, he is also helping Avril Lavigne making her new record and already made a lot of smash hits such as B.o.B's "Airplanes" which features Hayley Williams and the Slim Shady.
More Rihanna News
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'
- Spider-Man May Leave Marvel Cinematic Universe After 'Spiderman: Homecoming' Sequel
- Harry Styles to Make Debut as Solo Artist on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman Reunite for NBC's Competition Series 'Handmade Project'
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri