Jay-Z Tops Forbes' Hip-Hop Cash King List
After revealing its Hollywood's highest-paid actresses list, Forbes magazine has now outed their Hip-Hop Cash King list with Jay-Z landing on the top spot. The magazine picked Jay-Z after the star pulled in $63 million over the past 12 months, earning him his second straight hip-hop cash crown.
"Jay-Z is in a league of his own right now," says Ryan Schinman, chief of Platinum Rye, the country's largest buyer of music and talent for corporations. "There are very few artists of any genre, not just hip-hop, who've created such brands for themselves."
Following Jay-Z was P. Diddy, who landed on the second spot. Diddy pulled in $30 million for his roles in television and film, including "Get Him to the Greek". He continues to cash in on Diageo (DEO - news - people) vodka and circoc as well as hawking Diddybeats ear-buds, part of the headphone line established by Dr. Dre.
Rounding up the top five were Akon, who came in at third place with $21 million, followed by Lil Wayne with $20 million in earnings. Meanwhile, Dr. Dre ranked fifth on the list with $17 million. Ludacris, Snoop Dogg, Timbaland, Pharrell Williams and Kanye West also made spot on the list.
Hip-Hop Cash King List by Forbes Magazine:
More Jay-Z News
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic