Jay-Z Tops Forbes' Hip-Hop Cash King List
After revealing its Hollywood's highest-paid actresses list, Forbes magazine has now outed their Hip-Hop Cash King list with Jay-Z landing on the top spot. The magazine picked Jay-Z after the star pulled in $63 million over the past 12 months, earning him his second straight hip-hop cash crown.
"Jay-Z is in a league of his own right now," says Ryan Schinman, chief of Platinum Rye, the country's largest buyer of music and talent for corporations. "There are very few artists of any genre, not just hip-hop, who've created such brands for themselves."
Following Jay-Z was P. Diddy, who landed on the second spot. Diddy pulled in $30 million for his roles in television and film, including "Get Him to the Greek". He continues to cash in on Diageo (DEO - news - people) vodka and circoc as well as hawking Diddybeats ear-buds, part of the headphone line established by Dr. Dre.
Rounding up the top five were Akon, who came in at third place with $21 million, followed by Lil Wayne with $20 million in earnings. Meanwhile, Dr. Dre ranked fifth on the list with $17 million. Ludacris, Snoop Dogg, Timbaland, Pharrell Williams and Kanye West also made spot on the list.
Hip-Hop Cash King List by Forbes Magazine:
More Jay-Z News
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello Reignite Romance Rumors With Dreamy Cover of Ed Sheeran's 'Kiss'
- Pregnant Beyonce Is 'in Hiding': She's Ballooned So Much She Doesn't Want Her Fans to See!
- See Creepy Pennywise and The Losers Club in New 'It' Photos
- 'True Detective' Will Return for Season 3 With David Milch
- Abby Lee Miller Exits 'Dance Moms': 'I Have Been Manipulated, Disrespected and Used'
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Hold Off Marriage: They're Just Happily Dating