'Glee' Season 2 Campaign Revealed as 'Wet'
Slushee is still an important element to "Glee". The new ad campaign of the musical series uses the theme of splashing the sticky drink to promote the second season which comes this Fall. It replaces last season's campaign where the cast make the universal sign of "Loser" on their foreheads.
On why slushee is used, Fox marketing president Joe Earley told New York Magazine's Vulture, the drink initially was "a weapon to put the Glee kids down" but now that their popularity-meter has risen, they are the ones who use it as a weapon. The ads will appear in billboards, buses and everywhere next week.
Not only that, FOX would like to have the campaign in print, online and on-air. For the on-air spots, the drink will be thrown toward the audience while for the online spots, the screen will be dripping with slushee. Heather Morris' Brittany and Naya Rivera's Santana would also pop-up between episodes of various network shows in the first return week (September 21).
Beside the slushee, the campaign also involves the tagline of "Gleek Out" and Lea Michele's Rachel's new hairstyle.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!