'Glee' Season 2 Campaign Revealed as 'Wet'
Slushee is still an important element to "Glee". The new ad campaign of the musical series uses the theme of splashing the sticky drink to promote the second season which comes this Fall. It replaces last season's campaign where the cast make the universal sign of "Loser" on their foreheads.
On why slushee is used, Fox marketing president Joe Earley told New York Magazine's Vulture, the drink initially was "a weapon to put the Glee kids down" but now that their popularity-meter has risen, they are the ones who use it as a weapon. The ads will appear in billboards, buses and everywhere next week.
Not only that, FOX would like to have the campaign in print, online and on-air. For the on-air spots, the drink will be thrown toward the audience while for the online spots, the screen will be dripping with slushee. Heather Morris' Brittany and Naya Rivera's Santana would also pop-up between episodes of various network shows in the first return week (September 21).
Beside the slushee, the campaign also involves the tagline of "Gleek Out" and Lea Michele's Rachel's new hairstyle.
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video