Pictures From Linkin Park's 'The Catalyst' Music Video Shoot
Linkin Park plan to debut "The Catalyst" music video on August 26. As a teaser, several on-set pictures are brought forward, featuring the band playing with colorful paint and rocking out the lead single of new album "A Thousand Suns".
The music video is directed by the band's member DJ Joe Hahn. Bassist Dave Farrell told MTV, "Joe likes to create things visually, likes to go for something big. So the look of it is very different. There's a lot of energy in it, and for me, that's what makes for a good video. It adds something to the song, and that's what makes me like this particular video even more."
Hahn himself explained, "When coming up with the idea of the visual piece to accompany the song, I thought of the end." He said more, "What would it look like and feel like if someone pushed the button to decide our fate? What would it feel like if we accepted our fate in the moment of devastation? If we had a final moment to celebrate our final living moments, how would that feel?"
"A Thousand Suns" is slated for U.S. release on September 14.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show