Pictures From Linkin Park's 'The Catalyst' Music Video Shoot
Linkin Park plan to debut "The Catalyst" music video on August 26. As a teaser, several on-set pictures are brought forward, featuring the band playing with colorful paint and rocking out the lead single of new album "A Thousand Suns".
The music video is directed by the band's member DJ Joe Hahn. Bassist Dave Farrell told MTV, "Joe likes to create things visually, likes to go for something big. So the look of it is very different. There's a lot of energy in it, and for me, that's what makes for a good video. It adds something to the song, and that's what makes me like this particular video even more."
Hahn himself explained, "When coming up with the idea of the visual piece to accompany the song, I thought of the end." He said more, "What would it look like and feel like if someone pushed the button to decide our fate? What would it feel like if we accepted our fate in the moment of devastation? If we had a final moment to celebrate our final living moments, how would that feel?"
"A Thousand Suns" is slated for U.S. release on September 14.
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5
- Kanye West and Everyone, Including Taylor Swift, Sleep Naked in His 'Famous' Video
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Confirms the Presence of A.R.G.U.S.
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Pixie Haircut at Givenchy Fashion Show With Bella Hadid and More
- Teresa Palmer Finds Someone's Name Carved in New 'Lights Out' Trailer
- Liam Hemsworth Defends His 2012 Engagement to Miley Cyrus
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'