Janet Jackson Says She Spotted Lady GaGa First, Hoping to Duet With Her
Janet Jackson loves Lady GaGa. In an interview with Metro, the sister of Michael Jackson said she would love to make a duet with the "Just Dance" hitmaker, insisting she was the first one to spot the 24-year-old dance queen.
"What I love about GaGa is her story, where she came from," Janet said. "Before she made it, before anyone knew who she was, I knew who she was and, to see her finally make it, I was so happy." She added, "If we were to work together that would be cool."
Earlier this year, Janet Jackson recorded a theme song of her new movie, Tyler Perry's "Why Did I Get Married Too?". Other than making the soundtrack, she hasn't started working on her next studio album. "There was a time where I was actually in the studio and I was recording, but I'm not working on an album. There have been a lot of record labels that have asked me to sit down and talk with them, but I don't know if I want to do something completely independent, or go with a major," she said.
As for Lady GaGa, she is currently busy working on her next studio installment which is eyed for next year release. Darkchild, RedOne, Rodney Jerkins and David Bowie reportedly help her finishing the highly-anticipated effort.
More Janet Jackson News
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song
- Charlize Theron Hosts Baby Shower for Pal Emily Blunt
- Johnny Depp's Hollywood Vampires Concert Went Ahead Despite Boycott Threat
- Selena Gomez Calls Paul Rudd a 'Pervert' in 'Fundamentals of Caring' First Trailer
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Remake Series, Tells Fans to Boycott the Show
- Is Justin Bieber Ready to Settle Down With Nicola Peltz?
- Kylie, Kendall Jenner and Gal Pals Strip Down to Sexy Bikinis as They Kick Off Summer
- The Rock Confirms Starring Role in Shane Black's 'Doc Savage'