Janet Jackson Says She Spotted Lady GaGa First, Hoping to Duet With Her
Janet Jackson loves Lady GaGa. In an interview with Metro, the sister of Michael Jackson said she would love to make a duet with the "Just Dance" hitmaker, insisting she was the first one to spot the 24-year-old dance queen.
"What I love about GaGa is her story, where she came from," Janet said. "Before she made it, before anyone knew who she was, I knew who she was and, to see her finally make it, I was so happy." She added, "If we were to work together that would be cool."
Earlier this year, Janet Jackson recorded a theme song of her new movie, Tyler Perry's "Why Did I Get Married Too?". Other than making the soundtrack, she hasn't started working on her next studio album. "There was a time where I was actually in the studio and I was recording, but I'm not working on an album. There have been a lot of record labels that have asked me to sit down and talk with them, but I don't know if I want to do something completely independent, or go with a major," she said.
As for Lady GaGa, she is currently busy working on her next studio installment which is eyed for next year release. Darkchild, RedOne, Rodney Jerkins and David Bowie reportedly help her finishing the highly-anticipated effort.
More Janet Jackson News
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?