Mel Gibson Uninjured After Getting Into Car Accident
Mel Gibson has escaped a car accident uninjured. According to Los Angeles Times, the 54-year-old actor lost control of his Maserati sports car and ended up striking a hillside on Malibu Canyon Road on Monday, August 16 at around 8:35 P.M.
Gibson's car was said damaged bad enough that it had to be towed from the scene, while the "Edge of Darkness" actor was picked up by a friend after supplying all the related information to the officer at the scene. CHP Officer Miguel Luevano told the site, "He doesn't know how his car drifted."
However, the recent car accident is different from Gibson's 2006 driving incident. Vince Ramirez of the California Highway Patrol told Us Magazine that Gibson was not driving under the influence in the latest incident. Ramirez explained, "Driving under the influence is not suspected in this accident."
Mel Gibson is currently embroiled in a nasty custody battle with ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva over their illegitimate daughter Lucia. The legal fight is filled with Gibson being accused of domestic violence by Grigorieva, while the Russian singer is accused of extortion.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy