New 'Deathly Hallows' Sneak Peek Presented at Movie-Con
After skipping San Diego Comic Con International, Daniel Radcliffe opted to surprise audience at BFI's Movie-Con III in London. During the presentation of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows", he was quizzed about what role that he would love to play supposed the franchise gets a remake in the next 30 years.
"I don't!" he previously said, insisting that he is not keen on watching "Harry Potter" being redone. "But if I have to, Sirius [Black] if they do it in 30 years, and [Albus] Dumbledore if they do it in 50. But Sirius is the part that everyone wants; Ian Hart had just read the third book on set of the second movie, and he was kicking himself that he didn't get Sirius. But of course I was glad that went to Gary Oldman, because as you all know he's my true love."
Asked if he wants to be seen as Severus Snape, the 21-year-old British actor responded, "I don't think so." He then explained, "But only because Alan Rickman is so indelibly printed on that role for me and I can't imagine anyone else doing it."
After the Q&A session, fresh snippet from "Deathly Hallows" was shown. There were some footage never seen in the trailers including the ones which follow six of Harry's friends turning into Polyjuice Potion doppelgangers to get him safely out of the Dursley's home, Harry and Ron fighting in the tent when they're on the run and Voldemort heading up a council of Death Eaters at Malfoy Manor, as well as an extended look at the run through the woods with Death Eaters in close pursuit, so Empire Online reported.
Serving as the last chapter of "Harry Potter" film series, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" will be split into two parts. "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" is due for November 19 release in both U.S. and U.K. while "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II" is slated to be premiered on July 15, 2011.
Directed by David Yates, both movies will get 3-D treatment. The story itself will follow Harry, Ron, and Hermione as they set out on their perilous mission to track down and destroy the secret to Voldemort's immortality and destruction, the Horcruxes. In the meantime, Harry is drawing ever closer to the ultimate battle with Voldemort.
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage