Artist of the Week: Trace Adkins
Already earning a place among the most identifiable artists of his generation, Trace Adkins has reached a place where he got a "new sense of invigoration." With a strong legion of fans supporting him, the country music crooner continues his journey as a music icon by moving on to a new album "Cowboy's Back in Town".
The album will become his first release under Show Dog-Universal Music, the newly-merged record label headed by Toby Keith and famed producer Mark Wright. In making the effort, Adkins was granted plenty of leeway which gave him the space to express his own creative voice. "I know what you do," so Keith trusted him as an artist with restless intellect and wide-ranging interests.
"I feel as energized and enthusiastic as I did when I first got a record deal," Adkins said in response. "I'm having fun again, so [the title] 'Cowboy's Back in Town' just made sense to me." The album will be released across United States on August 17 with eleven new tracks listed on it.
"Toby has said this new music has a smile on it, and maybe that's just a reflection of where I'm at right now," he shared. In fact, the album has a lot of attitude, not only the "smile" but also the edge. They are shown in such songs as redneck wedding tale "Hold My Beer", couch-potato track "Hell, I Can Do That" and apolitical farmer-tan anthem "Whoop a Man's Ass".
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones
- Mariah Carey Threw James Packer's Laptop Out the Window After He Played a Beyonce Song
- Ariana Grande Is Sued Over 'One Last Time', Previews New Music Video Ft. Nicki Minaj
- New Set Pics Hint at 'Transformers: The Last Knight' 's Connection With Arthurian Mythology
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande and More Featured in 'Trolls' Soundtrack Album
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves