'X-Men: First Class': Jason Flemyng Cast as Azazel, Rose Byrne In Talks to Join
The cast of "X-Men: First Class" continues expanding with additional member. At BFI's Movie-Con III in London, Jason Flemyng has told the crowd that he lands a role in the upcoming film, playing Azazel who is the father of popular mutant Nightcrawler.
Like Nightcrawler, Azazel has the ability to teleport. Though his role is considered a minor one, Flemyng has stated that he will get a lot of make-up to portray the character and he will have a tail, which will be added in post-production.
Beside Flemyng, Rose Byrne is also likely to join "First Class". According to The Hollywood Reporter, the 31-year-old Australian is currently in negotiations to play Moira MacTaggert, a scientist and an authority on genetic mutation. She will be seen as the love interest to James McAvoy's Charles Xavier though in the comic books MacTaggert ends up with Sean Cassidy aka Banshee.
"X-Men: First Class", which is going to be directed by Matthew Vaughn, will chart the epic beginning of the "X-Men" saga. Michael Fassbender has been cast as Magneto with Kevin Bacon, Nicholas Hoult, Edi Gathegi and more landing supporting roles. Production is scheduled to start later this August for June 3, 2011 U.S. release.
Jason Flemyng has recently worked with Matthew Vaughn in "Kick-Ass" where he portrays unfortunate doorman Lobby Goon. He previously starred in "Clash of the Titans" as Acrisius and will next be seen in "Ironclad".
Rose Byrne-starring movies included "Marie Antoinette", "Knowing" and "Get Him to the Greek". She is still in production for comedy movie "Bridesmaids" and appearing in TV series "Damages" as Ellen Parsons.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3