'Ant-Man' to Be High-Tech Spy Heist Film, Director Says
In the last few years, "Ant-Man" has been pitched as another movie adaptation for Marvel characters. But Edgar Wright refused an opinion that his upcoming film will be similar to other superhero flicks, claiming it will see the main character as "a bad-ass secret agent."
"I know there's a big stigma attached to it, mostly because every movie about shrinking has been about people in peril. I think it'd be great to do a shrinking film about a bad-ass secret agent," he told Vanity Fair. "It's essentially a high-tech spy heist film with somebody with a very particular power," the helmer added, before promising "Trust me, it'll be much cooler than you think."
On the progress of the action comedy film, Wright revealed, "I've written a script, and once 'Scott Pilgrim [vs. the World]' is done I'm going to work on a second draft." The 36-year-old English filmmaker has a high hope that the movie is going to happen, claiming "It's something I've been passionate about for awhile."
"Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" which is also directed by Wright has been unleashed in the U.S. on August 13. Thus, fans can expect more updates from the helmer about his next project "Ant-Man".
"Ant-Man" film is planned to feature two major characters which are Henry Pym and Scott Lang. Pym will be seen as Ant-Man in the 1960s in Tales to Astonish style, and there will be a flash forward to Lang as Ant-Man's successor in the 1980s/1990s.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?