'Ant-Man' to Be High-Tech Spy Heist Film, Director Says
In the last few years, "Ant-Man" has been pitched as another movie adaptation for Marvel characters. But Edgar Wright refused an opinion that his upcoming film will be similar to other superhero flicks, claiming it will see the main character as "a bad-ass secret agent."
"I know there's a big stigma attached to it, mostly because every movie about shrinking has been about people in peril. I think it'd be great to do a shrinking film about a bad-ass secret agent," he told Vanity Fair. "It's essentially a high-tech spy heist film with somebody with a very particular power," the helmer added, before promising "Trust me, it'll be much cooler than you think."
On the progress of the action comedy film, Wright revealed, "I've written a script, and once 'Scott Pilgrim [vs. the World]' is done I'm going to work on a second draft." The 36-year-old English filmmaker has a high hope that the movie is going to happen, claiming "It's something I've been passionate about for awhile."
"Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" which is also directed by Wright has been unleashed in the U.S. on August 13. Thus, fans can expect more updates from the helmer about his next project "Ant-Man".
"Ant-Man" film is planned to feature two major characters which are Henry Pym and Scott Lang. Pym will be seen as Ant-Man in the 1960s in Tales to Astonish style, and there will be a flash forward to Lang as Ant-Man's successor in the 1980s/1990s.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival