Aarti Sequeira Is 'The Next Food Network Star' Winner
"The Next Food Network Star" has found its new winner. Aarti Sequeira, who is known to have always-warm and upbeat personality, took home the title during Sunday, August 15 finale, beating Tom Pizzica and Herb Mesa altogether.
Sequeira triumphed in the final challenge where the remaining contestants must tape a 3-minute pilot coached by the network's personality Rachael Ray. A focus group became the judge and they thought Sequeira looked comfortable talking in front of camera although she didn't look at the camera often.
The New Jersey native has no experience in the professional kitchen but she won the judges' affection with her bubbly personality and unique effort to fuse Indian flavors to everyday American cooking. For one, her Indian-themed proposed program, "Aarti's Paarti" would be none like the network has so far, making her a stand-out from the beginning.
Sequeira is set to debut her show next week. Food Network had a bad experience with the third season winner Amy Finley who walked out of her show "The Gourmet Next Door" after just six episodes.
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans