Aarti Sequeira Is 'The Next Food Network Star' Winner
"The Next Food Network Star" has found its new winner. Aarti Sequeira, who is known to have always-warm and upbeat personality, took home the title during Sunday, August 15 finale, beating Tom Pizzica and Herb Mesa altogether.
Sequeira triumphed in the final challenge where the remaining contestants must tape a 3-minute pilot coached by the network's personality Rachael Ray. A focus group became the judge and they thought Sequeira looked comfortable talking in front of camera although she didn't look at the camera often.
The New Jersey native has no experience in the professional kitchen but she won the judges' affection with her bubbly personality and unique effort to fuse Indian flavors to everyday American cooking. For one, her Indian-themed proposed program, "Aarti's Paarti" would be none like the network has so far, making her a stand-out from the beginning.
Sequeira is set to debut her show next week. Food Network had a bad experience with the third season winner Amy Finley who walked out of her show "The Gourmet Next Door" after just six episodes.
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Confirms Return of Original Cast Member
- Report: Migos Beats Up Sean Kingston in Las Vegas Brawl
- 'Deadpool 2' Will Start Filming Soon, Kerry Washington Responds to Casting Rumors
- Ronda Rousey Is Set to Guest Star as Prison Inmate on 'Blindspot'
- Kim Kardashian's Terrified Family's Lavish Lifestyle 'Has Affected' Kanye West's Mental State
- French Montana Partying With Chris Brown and Migos in 'Hold Up' Music Video
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Was 'Racially Profiled' for Wearing Headscarf at Airport