Aarti Sequeira Is 'The Next Food Network Star' Winner
"The Next Food Network Star" has found its new winner. Aarti Sequeira, who is known to have always-warm and upbeat personality, took home the title during Sunday, August 15 finale, beating Tom Pizzica and Herb Mesa altogether.
Sequeira triumphed in the final challenge where the remaining contestants must tape a 3-minute pilot coached by the network's personality Rachael Ray. A focus group became the judge and they thought Sequeira looked comfortable talking in front of camera although she didn't look at the camera often.
The New Jersey native has no experience in the professional kitchen but she won the judges' affection with her bubbly personality and unique effort to fuse Indian flavors to everyday American cooking. For one, her Indian-themed proposed program, "Aarti's Paarti" would be none like the network has so far, making her a stand-out from the beginning.
Sequeira is set to debut her show next week. Food Network had a bad experience with the third season winner Amy Finley who walked out of her show "The Gourmet Next Door" after just six episodes.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding