First Official Look at Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph and Other Ladies in 'Bridesmaids'
EW's fall issue includes a bunch of sneak peeks to upcoming movies including the one for "Bridesmaids". The picture which appears on the printed magazine shows some of the film's female stars, including lead actresses Kristen Wiig and Maya Rudolph, in their classy outfit.
Wiig's Annie is a simple and single 30-something Midwestern girl with poor dating record who is asked to be the maid of honor for her best friend, Rudolph's Lillian. Never having the job before, she struggles to please the snobby, rich bridesmaids at every pre-wedding event. One of Lillian's best friends, played by Rose Byrne, is essentially the bridesmaid from hell who attempts to take over the maid of honor duties from the inexperienced Annie.
"It's more of a story about friendship than a 'wedding movie'," Wiig said to EW as quoted by The Playlist. "There's a weird pressure in society, and in a lot of these kinds of movies, that says you need to be married. We were careful about avoiding that."
The cast ensemble of "Bridesmaids" is additionally supported by the likes of Jon Hamm, Matt Lucas, Ellie Kemper, Dianne Wiest and many others. Judd Apatow teams up with Barry Mendel to produce the flick, which is made under direction by Paul Feig and scripted by Annie Mumolo as well as Kristen Wiig. This comedy is aimed to arrive in the U.S. on May 13, 2011.
- 'Saturday Night Live' Taps Kristen Stewart as the Next Host
- Armie Hammer Responds to 'Green Lantern Corps' Rumor
- Big Sean Performs 'Bounce Back', Premieres 'Sunday Morning Jetpack' on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Louis Tomlinson Reunites With Briana Jungwirth to Celebrate Their Son's 1st Birthday
- Luke Bryan to Sing National Anthem at Super Bowl
- 'Veronica Mars' Boss Hints at Potential Revival
- Artist of the Week: Kehlani
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington