Jake Sully and Other Characters to Dive in 'Avatar' Sequel
Back in April, James Cameron has announced that he will focus on the ocean on Pandora in "Avatar" sequel. In a recent interview with MTV Movies Blog, he affirms his plans by revealing that he will make the actors shoot their scenes underwater.
"I think what we should do there is - because we'll have to have characters that are in and under the water - is that we should actually capture them underwater," he states. Asked how the sea will look like, Cameron promises it will be "equally rich and diverse and crazy and imaginative" as the locations seen in the first "Avatar".
Though Cameron has a passion on deep sea diving, he claims that diving for work and pleasure are two different things. "It's not the same as going diving, but I like to keep my diving, which I do for pleasure, separate from work," he explains to MTV. "Diving for shooting a movie is work. Diving for exploration is a gas. I like to keep my peas and carrots separate."
As of late, James Cameron suggested that, not only one, but two "Avatar" sequels are already planned for the trilogy. The two forthcoming movies could be shot back to back as the "Titanic" helmer stated, "That is something that makes a lot of sense, given the nature of these productions, because we can bank all the [motion] capture and then go back and do cameras over a period of time."
Despite wide talks about the follow-up(s) to 2009 "Avatar", deals to make the project have yet to be worked out. In the meantime, 20th Century Fox and Cameron will re-release the 3-D sci-fi movie with additional eight minutes of never before seen scenes on August 27.
More Avatar News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3