Photos From 'Vampire Diaries' Season 2 Opener
Those hungry for some "The Vampire Diaries" may crave on the first promotional photos for season 2. The pictures set was released for the show's first episode which is called "The Return" and is scheduled to air September 9 at 8/7c on The CW.
In the upcoming season, the appearance of the villainous Katherine in Mystic Falls throws a wrench into the love triangle between Stefan, Damon, and Elena, and the other residents of Mystic Falls must choose sides as they fall victim to a new breed of danger. New and unexpected friendships will be forged, allies will become enemies, and hearts will be broken.
Stefan and Damon will be forced to face a villain more evil and diabolical than they ever believed possible. And they'll take their shirts off, frequently. "They" here are werewolves which come in the form of Michael Trevino's Tyler Lockwood and his family. "Our big new addition is Mason Lockwood, the mayor's much younger and cooler brother, who has been estranged from the family," exec producer Julie Plec said. "His return introduces a lot of questions about what is so special about that creepy Lockwood family."
"The Vampire Diaries" is a big TV winner at recent Teen Choice Awards, taking home seven surfboards at the taped ceremony.
- Ice Cube Is Up for Teacher Fight With Charlie Day in New 'Fist Fight' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Custody Agreement. Will He Meet His Children on Christmas?
- Madonna Twerks in a Car in Sneak Peek of 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Is Selena Gomez Working on New Album With Hit-Boy?
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos