Photos From 'Vampire Diaries' Season 2 Opener
Those hungry for some "The Vampire Diaries" may crave on the first promotional photos for season 2. The pictures set was released for the show's first episode which is called "The Return" and is scheduled to air September 9 at 8/7c on The CW.
In the upcoming season, the appearance of the villainous Katherine in Mystic Falls throws a wrench into the love triangle between Stefan, Damon, and Elena, and the other residents of Mystic Falls must choose sides as they fall victim to a new breed of danger. New and unexpected friendships will be forged, allies will become enemies, and hearts will be broken.
Stefan and Damon will be forced to face a villain more evil and diabolical than they ever believed possible. And they'll take their shirts off, frequently. "They" here are werewolves which come in the form of Michael Trevino's Tyler Lockwood and his family. "Our big new addition is Mason Lockwood, the mayor's much younger and cooler brother, who has been estranged from the family," exec producer Julie Plec said. "His return introduces a lot of questions about what is so special about that creepy Lockwood family."
"The Vampire Diaries" is a big TV winner at recent Teen Choice Awards, taking home seven surfboards at the taped ceremony.
More The Vampire Diaries News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna