Photos From 'Vampire Diaries' Season 2 Opener
Those hungry for some "The Vampire Diaries" may crave on the first promotional photos for season 2. The pictures set was released for the show's first episode which is called "The Return" and is scheduled to air September 9 at 8/7c on The CW.
In the upcoming season, the appearance of the villainous Katherine in Mystic Falls throws a wrench into the love triangle between Stefan, Damon, and Elena, and the other residents of Mystic Falls must choose sides as they fall victim to a new breed of danger. New and unexpected friendships will be forged, allies will become enemies, and hearts will be broken.
Stefan and Damon will be forced to face a villain more evil and diabolical than they ever believed possible. And they'll take their shirts off, frequently. "They" here are werewolves which come in the form of Michael Trevino's Tyler Lockwood and his family. "Our big new addition is Mason Lockwood, the mayor's much younger and cooler brother, who has been estranged from the family," exec producer Julie Plec said. "His return introduces a lot of questions about what is so special about that creepy Lockwood family."
"The Vampire Diaries" is a big TV winner at recent Teen Choice Awards, taking home seven surfboards at the taped ceremony.
More The Vampire Diaries News
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'