'Deadpool' Could Be in Trouble Because of 'Green Lantern'
With Ryan Reynolds' rocketing name after he lands a lead role in "Green Lantern", "Deadpool" should have had a great start. But this turns out to be a great problem when 20th Century Fox does not want the actor anymore to portray the main mutant character, so Rob Liefeld hinted with his recent tweets.
"Warner Bros. just trying to protect their investment. They don't want Ryan Reynolds playing Deadpool AND Green Lantern. Interesting 2 watch," the creator of Deadpool character for DC comic series wrote on Monday, August 10. Few days later, he still showed his concern on "Deadpool", urging Fox to make the film soon with Reynolds tackling the lead role.
"Bottom line about Deadpool film is that if FOX doesn't pull the DP film together with Ryan Reynolds between GL films-they should Hari Kari," Liefeld further claimed. "Ryan Reynolds is the new Will Smith, if FOX can't maximize this window of opportunity with this star, this character, that script=MASSV FAIL."
Liefeld's fear about the project did not come without a strong ground. As of late, it was rumored that Warner Bros. has plotted two "Green Lantern" sequels with plans to shoot them back to back. Added with his other-starring movies, Reynolds will be occupied with a lot of production schedules that he may not be able to spare time for "Deadpool".
The only positive thing is that Reynolds still shows his enthusiasm to reprise his "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" role in the next "X-Men" spin-off. He has previously declared that he is a fan of Deadpool character.
"Deadpool" itself still has no director attached on it despite recent report that Robert Rodriguez might come aboard the project. Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, however, have been tapped to pen the script for the action movie.
More Deadpool News
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance Lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle