'Deadpool' Could Be in Trouble Because of 'Green Lantern'
With Ryan Reynolds' rocketing name after he lands a lead role in "Green Lantern", "Deadpool" should have had a great start. But this turns out to be a great problem when 20th Century Fox does not want the actor anymore to portray the main mutant character, so Rob Liefeld hinted with his recent tweets.
"Warner Bros. just trying to protect their investment. They don't want Ryan Reynolds playing Deadpool AND Green Lantern. Interesting 2 watch," the creator of Deadpool character for DC comic series wrote on Monday, August 10. Few days later, he still showed his concern on "Deadpool", urging Fox to make the film soon with Reynolds tackling the lead role.
"Bottom line about Deadpool film is that if FOX doesn't pull the DP film together with Ryan Reynolds between GL films-they should Hari Kari," Liefeld further claimed. "Ryan Reynolds is the new Will Smith, if FOX can't maximize this window of opportunity with this star, this character, that script=MASSV FAIL."
Liefeld's fear about the project did not come without a strong ground. As of late, it was rumored that Warner Bros. has plotted two "Green Lantern" sequels with plans to shoot them back to back. Added with his other-starring movies, Reynolds will be occupied with a lot of production schedules that he may not be able to spare time for "Deadpool".
The only positive thing is that Reynolds still shows his enthusiasm to reprise his "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" role in the next "X-Men" spin-off. He has previously declared that he is a fan of Deadpool character.
"Deadpool" itself still has no director attached on it despite recent report that Robert Rodriguez might come aboard the project. Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, however, have been tapped to pen the script for the action movie.
More Deadpool News
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Set Photos Reveal Iron Man's New Suit
- Justin Bieber to Team Up With Anitta on New Song
- Alec Baldwin Will Bring Back Donald Trump Impression to 'Saturday Night Live'
- 'Deadpool 2': Ryan Reynolds Crashes Kid's Birthday Party in New Set Photos
- Is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Surrogate Pregnant With Twins?
- Is Ryan Seacrest Planning to Leave 'Live' for Profitable 'American Idol' Deal?
- Ed Sheeran Hits Back After Being Accused of Not Performing Live at Glastonbury
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date