Jennifer Aniston Counters Bill O'Reilly's 'Destructive' Comments
Since Bill O'Reilly has recently shown that he wasn't team Jennifer Aniston after calling her single woman comments "destructive to our society", the actress was not reluctant to give him a few jabs. During an interview with People, the "Friends" star explained the reason why she said that having a kid without a man has become an option.
"Of course, the ideal scenario for parenting is obviously two parents of a mature age. Parenting is one of the hardest jobs on earth," Aniston started. "And, of course, many women dream of finding Prince Charming (with fatherly instincts), but for those who've not yet found their Bill O'Reilly, I'm just glad science has provided a few other options."
The war of words was started after Aniston, who is promoting her new movie "The Switch" about a woman who decides to get pregnant by using a sperm donor, said, during a press conference at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills on August 8, "Women are realizing it more and more knowing that they don't have to settle with a man just to have that child."
"Times have changed and that is also what is amazing is that we do have so many options these days, as opposed to our parents' days when you can't have children because you have waited too long," Aniston added at that time. "Love is love and family is what is around you and who is in your immediate sphere."
And as a man, O'Reilly has voiced his concerns about Aniston's single motherhood comments. Beside calling it "destructive", O'Reilly accused Aniston of "diminishing the role of the dad." He went on saying that she "can hire a battery of people to help her, but she cannot hire a dad... Dads bring a psychology to children that is in this society, I believe, under-emphasized."
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group
- Artist of the Week: DJ Snake
- Idris Elba Confirms He Is Done Filming His Part in 'The Dark Tower'
- Kylie Jenner Gets Banned From Entering Club Where Tyga Performs. Here's Why