Jennifer Aniston Counters Bill O'Reilly's 'Destructive' Comments
Since Bill O'Reilly has recently shown that he wasn't team Jennifer Aniston after calling her single woman comments "destructive to our society", the actress was not reluctant to give him a few jabs. During an interview with People, the "Friends" star explained the reason why she said that having a kid without a man has become an option.
"Of course, the ideal scenario for parenting is obviously two parents of a mature age. Parenting is one of the hardest jobs on earth," Aniston started. "And, of course, many women dream of finding Prince Charming (with fatherly instincts), but for those who've not yet found their Bill O'Reilly, I'm just glad science has provided a few other options."
The war of words was started after Aniston, who is promoting her new movie "The Switch" about a woman who decides to get pregnant by using a sperm donor, said, during a press conference at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills on August 8, "Women are realizing it more and more knowing that they don't have to settle with a man just to have that child."
"Times have changed and that is also what is amazing is that we do have so many options these days, as opposed to our parents' days when you can't have children because you have waited too long," Aniston added at that time. "Love is love and family is what is around you and who is in your immediate sphere."
And as a man, O'Reilly has voiced his concerns about Aniston's single motherhood comments. Beside calling it "destructive", O'Reilly accused Aniston of "diminishing the role of the dad." He went on saying that she "can hire a battery of people to help her, but she cannot hire a dad... Dads bring a psychology to children that is in this society, I believe, under-emphasized."
More Jennifer Aniston News
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia
- 'Psychopath' Sulli Gets Blasted for Biting Her Cat
- New Romance? Shirtless Justin Bieber Enjoys Romantic Hike With This Model
- Comic-Con: 'Westworld' Season 2 Trailer Is Violence Galore
- Pics: Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless, Parades Impressive Bum in Thong Bikini
- Song Joong Ki Reveals He Told Song Hye Kyo to Announce Their Wedding Due to Groundless Rumors