Lauren Froderman Wins 'So You Think You Can Dance'
On Thursday, August 12, "So You Think You Can Dance" has crowned a new winner. Lauren Froderman beat the odds when she was voted as America's favorite dancer in the finale, leaving Kent Boyd and Robert Roldan in the second and third place respectively.
Lauren's victory came across as both predictable and surprise. Statistically, Lauren has only been in the bottom three once but the clean record is actually attained by Kent. Moreover, the audience seemed to be leaning on male contestants this season with the elimination of the female dancers three times in a row in the beginning of the season.
"There's a ton of things I'd like to say," 18-year-old Lauren said between tears and laughter upon finding out that she's a winner. "But I can't!" Host Cat Deeley then helped her, saying "Just a giant thank you."
The finale night was also glittered with the performance a 7-year-old tap dancer, this season's injured-but-recovering contestant Alex Wong, and Ellen DeGeneres.
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'