Lauren Froderman Wins 'So You Think You Can Dance'
On Thursday, August 12, "So You Think You Can Dance" has crowned a new winner. Lauren Froderman beat the odds when she was voted as America's favorite dancer in the finale, leaving Kent Boyd and Robert Roldan in the second and third place respectively.
Lauren's victory came across as both predictable and surprise. Statistically, Lauren has only been in the bottom three once but the clean record is actually attained by Kent. Moreover, the audience seemed to be leaning on male contestants this season with the elimination of the female dancers three times in a row in the beginning of the season.
"There's a ton of things I'd like to say," 18-year-old Lauren said between tears and laughter upon finding out that she's a winner. "But I can't!" Host Cat Deeley then helped her, saying "Just a giant thank you."
The finale night was also glittered with the performance a 7-year-old tap dancer, this season's injured-but-recovering contestant Alex Wong, and Ellen DeGeneres.
More So You Think You Can Dance News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny