Lauren Froderman Wins 'So You Think You Can Dance'
On Thursday, August 12, "So You Think You Can Dance" has crowned a new winner. Lauren Froderman beat the odds when she was voted as America's favorite dancer in the finale, leaving Kent Boyd and Robert Roldan in the second and third place respectively.
Lauren's victory came across as both predictable and surprise. Statistically, Lauren has only been in the bottom three once but the clean record is actually attained by Kent. Moreover, the audience seemed to be leaning on male contestants this season with the elimination of the female dancers three times in a row in the beginning of the season.
"There's a ton of things I'd like to say," 18-year-old Lauren said between tears and laughter upon finding out that she's a winner. "But I can't!" Host Cat Deeley then helped her, saying "Just a giant thank you."
The finale night was also glittered with the performance a 7-year-old tap dancer, this season's injured-but-recovering contestant Alex Wong, and Ellen DeGeneres.
- Kourtney Kardashian Posts This Sweet Picture to Wish Scott Disick a Happy Birthday
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex Sued for Allegedly Ripping Off 'Sorry'
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Reach Divorce Settlement
- Nick Jonas Goes Shirtless in First Trailer for Erotic Thriller 'Careful What You Wish For'
- Johnny Depp Releases Statement Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image