Lauren Froderman Wins 'So You Think You Can Dance'
On Thursday, August 12, "So You Think You Can Dance" has crowned a new winner. Lauren Froderman beat the odds when she was voted as America's favorite dancer in the finale, leaving Kent Boyd and Robert Roldan in the second and third place respectively.
Lauren's victory came across as both predictable and surprise. Statistically, Lauren has only been in the bottom three once but the clean record is actually attained by Kent. Moreover, the audience seemed to be leaning on male contestants this season with the elimination of the female dancers three times in a row in the beginning of the season.
"There's a ton of things I'd like to say," 18-year-old Lauren said between tears and laughter upon finding out that she's a winner. "But I can't!" Host Cat Deeley then helped her, saying "Just a giant thank you."
The finale night was also glittered with the performance a 7-year-old tap dancer, this season's injured-but-recovering contestant Alex Wong, and Ellen DeGeneres.
- Beyonce Is Performing at the 2016 MTV VMAs, MTV Confirms
- Britney Spears Reveals Her Desire to Collaborate With Ex Justin Timberlake
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?
- Rihanna to Open 2016 MTV Video Music Awards