Lauren Froderman Wins 'So You Think You Can Dance'
On Thursday, August 12, "So You Think You Can Dance" has crowned a new winner. Lauren Froderman beat the odds when she was voted as America's favorite dancer in the finale, leaving Kent Boyd and Robert Roldan in the second and third place respectively.
Lauren's victory came across as both predictable and surprise. Statistically, Lauren has only been in the bottom three once but the clean record is actually attained by Kent. Moreover, the audience seemed to be leaning on male contestants this season with the elimination of the female dancers three times in a row in the beginning of the season.
"There's a ton of things I'd like to say," 18-year-old Lauren said between tears and laughter upon finding out that she's a winner. "But I can't!" Host Cat Deeley then helped her, saying "Just a giant thank you."
The finale night was also glittered with the performance a 7-year-old tap dancer, this season's injured-but-recovering contestant Alex Wong, and Ellen DeGeneres.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics