George Michael Charged With Possessing Cannabis and DUI
British singer George Michael has been charged with possessing cannabis and driving under the influence of drink or drugs on Thursday, August 12, London's Metropolitan Police department revealed. The charges were stemmed from a car crash on July 4, Reuters reported.
During that time, Michael was arrested after his Range Rover crashed into a building in the Hampstead district of north London. Previously in 2009, Michael also got tangled in another fender bender as his car hit a tractor-trailer, while two years earlier, he was banned from driving for two years and sentenced to 100 hours of community service after pleading guilty to driving while on drugs.
According to a police statement, Michael, who rose to fame along with his former band Wham! before he decided to go on solo career, was released on bail and is expected to appear in court in Highbury, a north London neighborhood, on August 24.
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab