George Michael Charged With Possessing Cannabis and DUI
British singer George Michael has been charged with possessing cannabis and driving under the influence of drink or drugs on Thursday, August 12, London's Metropolitan Police department revealed. The charges were stemmed from a car crash on July 4, Reuters reported.
During that time, Michael was arrested after his Range Rover crashed into a building in the Hampstead district of north London. Previously in 2009, Michael also got tangled in another fender bender as his car hit a tractor-trailer, while two years earlier, he was banned from driving for two years and sentenced to 100 hours of community service after pleading guilty to driving while on drugs.
According to a police statement, Michael, who rose to fame along with his former band Wham! before he decided to go on solo career, was released on bail and is expected to appear in court in Highbury, a north London neighborhood, on August 24.
More George Michael News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival