George Michael Charged With Possessing Cannabis and DUI
British singer George Michael has been charged with possessing cannabis and driving under the influence of drink or drugs on Thursday, August 12, London's Metropolitan Police department revealed. The charges were stemmed from a car crash on July 4, Reuters reported.
During that time, Michael was arrested after his Range Rover crashed into a building in the Hampstead district of north London. Previously in 2009, Michael also got tangled in another fender bender as his car hit a tractor-trailer, while two years earlier, he was banned from driving for two years and sentenced to 100 hours of community service after pleading guilty to driving while on drugs.
According to a police statement, Michael, who rose to fame along with his former band Wham! before he decided to go on solo career, was released on bail and is expected to appear in court in Highbury, a north London neighborhood, on August 24.
More George Michael News
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals Secret to Her Big and Perky Butt
- Disney Opens Up About Leia's Role, Han Solo Movie and the Future of 'Star Wars'
- Rihanna's Pals Begging Her to Stay Away From Chris Brown Amid Rumors Exes Are Reconnecting
- Elisabeth Moss Stands Up for Herself in 'Handmaid's Tale' Full Trailer
- Kendrick Lamar Goes After Donald Trump and Fellow Rapper on 'The Heart Part 4'
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Poster Features Xenomorphs Suffocating the Engineers
- Listen to David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' Feat. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne
- Britney Spears Freaks Out After Sex Tape Leaks Online