George Michael Charged With Possessing Cannabis and DUI
British singer George Michael has been charged with possessing cannabis and driving under the influence of drink or drugs on Thursday, August 12, London's Metropolitan Police department revealed. The charges were stemmed from a car crash on July 4, Reuters reported.
During that time, Michael was arrested after his Range Rover crashed into a building in the Hampstead district of north London. Previously in 2009, Michael also got tangled in another fender bender as his car hit a tractor-trailer, while two years earlier, he was banned from driving for two years and sentenced to 100 hours of community service after pleading guilty to driving while on drugs.
According to a police statement, Michael, who rose to fame along with his former band Wham! before he decided to go on solo career, was released on bail and is expected to appear in court in Highbury, a north London neighborhood, on August 24.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia