George Michael Charged With Possessing Cannabis and DUI
British singer George Michael has been charged with possessing cannabis and driving under the influence of drink or drugs on Thursday, August 12, London's Metropolitan Police department revealed. The charges were stemmed from a car crash on July 4, Reuters reported.
During that time, Michael was arrested after his Range Rover crashed into a building in the Hampstead district of north London. Previously in 2009, Michael also got tangled in another fender bender as his car hit a tractor-trailer, while two years earlier, he was banned from driving for two years and sentenced to 100 hours of community service after pleading guilty to driving while on drugs.
According to a police statement, Michael, who rose to fame along with his former band Wham! before he decided to go on solo career, was released on bail and is expected to appear in court in Highbury, a north London neighborhood, on August 24.
More George Michael News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance