Soulja Boy and Nick Cannon to Collaborate for a Movie
Soulja Boy and Nick Cannon are set to team up, not for a song or an album, but for a big screen project. The 20-year-old rapper has told MTV Movie News that he is on board to tackle a role in a movie which is written by the "America's Got Talent" host.
"Me and Nick Cannon have been talking back and forth for, like, the last year about a movie idea," Soulja stated. "We were talking back and forth, and he wants me to star in a movie that he wrote when he was, like, 17." The "Crank That" hitmaker refused to spill a lot on the details but did mention that a production will begin in November.
He additionally shared his vision on the future of his acting career, saying that he plans a biopic about himself. "I want people to know my story. Because a lot of people know Soulja Boy and know my songs, but a lot of people don't know where I'm from or where I came from, how I did it," he reasoned, before adding "A lot of people do know, but a movie would paint the picture so much better. I wanna do a movie that's my story, my legacy; what got me here and why I'm still here."
Recently, Soulja Boy and Nick Cannon have teamed up for TV Movie "School Gyrls" which also stars Justin Bieber. "I did a movie with him earlier this year with Justin Bieber, and it went straight to Nickelodeon. It was a good movie, but it was mostly for kids," he gushed about the project.
Soulja is currently working on his next album, "The DeAndre Way", which is slated for a fall release. As for Nick, he has previously announced that he is going to embark on a comedy tour in the Fall 2010 beginning at the Just for Laughs festival in Montreal.
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake