Paramount Picks Up Sci-Fi Movie 'Last Man Standing'
Paramount Pictures has officially nabbed the screen rights for "Last Man Standing: Killbook of a Bounty Hunter" which became the hugely sought-after graphic novel when it debuted at recent Comic Con. The studio will develop a feature film based on the novel with intent to franchise.
According to Deadline Hollywood which first runs the story, "Last Man Standing" takes place 600 years in the future, in an alternate universe and is about Gabriel, a soldier with the talent of 500 soldiers, who's been created to help win a war Earth got itself too deep into with Mars. After winning the war and returning to Earth, Gabe is framed and sent to prison.
He then escapes and enters the world of New Amerika, trying to unravel the lies and twists behind his set-up. Additionally, the synopsis on the official LMS site mentions that there will be "laughing, crying, sex, violence, robots, ninjas, burlesque girls, body builder sharks and shit you wouldn't fathom" in the story.
One of "The Last Airbender" producers Scott Aversano will produce "Last Man Standing" movie along with Daniel LuVisi, the artist and creator of the graphic novel. Stephan Lokotsch, Russell Binder and Peter Levin will serve as executive producers. In the meantime, the graphic novel will be expanded into comics and published by Heavy Metal.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie