New Set Pics of Hugh Jackman's 'Real Steel' Reveals Robot Boxing Arena
Several brand new pictures from the production of "Real Steel" have hit the web. Making their way out via Coming Soon, the photos reveal the set which is built in the GM Renaissance Center in Detroit, Michigan.
Source Blake Almstead who notices the construction of the robot boxing arena reports that cast and crew have wrapped shooting "Hugh Jackman's boxing gym and are about to film in the GM headquarters." The source adds, "They are installing the signage to make it look like the lobby and open area of the Renaissance Center is the home to a giant robot boxing arena."
Several banners which feature World Robot Boxing logo are hung on some spots in the building, affirming that the venue is used as the filming location. Unfortunately, there is no cast member or a robot captured in these set pictures.
"Real Steel" will see Hugh Jackman starring as Charlie Kenton, an ex-fighter who becomes a promoter when human boxing is outlawed for being too violent. He then finds a discarded robot that always seems to win. During his struggle to become a successful promoter, he discovers that he has a 13-year-old son, and they bond as the robot brawls its way toward the top.
Dakota Goyo is cast as Kenton's son Max, joined by the likes of Hope Davis, Anthony Mackie and Evangeline Lilly. Real robots are used for scenes with the human actors, but motion-capture animation is used when the machines are brawling. Directed by Shawn Levy, this action sci-fi is slated to arrive in the U.S. on November 18, 2011.
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo