New Set Pics of Hugh Jackman's 'Real Steel' Reveals Robot Boxing Arena
Several brand new pictures from the production of "Real Steel" have hit the web. Making their way out via Coming Soon, the photos reveal the set which is built in the GM Renaissance Center in Detroit, Michigan.
Source Blake Almstead who notices the construction of the robot boxing arena reports that cast and crew have wrapped shooting "Hugh Jackman's boxing gym and are about to film in the GM headquarters." The source adds, "They are installing the signage to make it look like the lobby and open area of the Renaissance Center is the home to a giant robot boxing arena."
Several banners which feature World Robot Boxing logo are hung on some spots in the building, affirming that the venue is used as the filming location. Unfortunately, there is no cast member or a robot captured in these set pictures.
"Real Steel" will see Hugh Jackman starring as Charlie Kenton, an ex-fighter who becomes a promoter when human boxing is outlawed for being too violent. He then finds a discarded robot that always seems to win. During his struggle to become a successful promoter, he discovers that he has a 13-year-old son, and they bond as the robot brawls its way toward the top.
Dakota Goyo is cast as Kenton's son Max, joined by the likes of Hope Davis, Anthony Mackie and Evangeline Lilly. Real robots are used for scenes with the human actors, but motion-capture animation is used when the machines are brawling. Directed by Shawn Levy, this action sci-fi is slated to arrive in the U.S. on November 18, 2011.
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7
- 'Teen Wolf' Unveils Stiles' Unexpected Real Name
- Nelly vs. Drake: Twitter Debates Who's the Biggest Rapper
- Are Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman Hinting Pierce Brosnan Will Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'?