In Pics: Zsa Zsa Gabor Returns to Her Bel Air Mansion
Zsa Zsa Gabor has finally left the UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center on Wednesday, August 11, four weeks after undergoing hip-replacement surgery following a bone-breaking fall in early July. The 93-year-old left the medical center in ambulance and with a police escort.
Gabor's husband, Prince Frederic von Anhalt, drove his own car in front of the ambulance. Gabor is expected to continue her recovery at her Bel Air home in California. When the ambulance carrying Gabor waited for the gates to open, a half-dozen photographers swarmed the vehicle to take snaps of the star.
Back in early July, Zsa Zsa Gabor was admitted to the hospital after falling to the floor while reaching to answer a phone as she watched a TV in her home. According to von Anhalt, Gabor was initially expected to spend one week in the hospital but ended up being there for four weeks.
During her hospitalization, Gabor battled a number of setbacks, including a critical condition when she was unable to answer questions and unaware of visitors as well as a bad reaction to morphine. But fortunately, the "Every Girl Should Have One" actress has improved since and she has now switched to a different pain medication.
More Zsa Zsa Gabor News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance