Bristol Palin Doubts Levi Johnston's Qualifications for His Wasilla, Alaska Mayor Run
Now that Bristol Palin is no longer Levi Johnston's fiancee, she is free to voice her concerns about Levi's qualifications for his Wasilla, Alaska Mayor run in 2012. In a new issue of Us Weekly, the daughter of former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin said, "I never knew he had political aspirations."
"I'm glad that Levi has not given up on completing his education and is looking for steady employment," Bristol, who has 1-year-old son Tripp Easton Mitchell with former Playgirl model Levi, went on. Although Bristol doubted Levi's capability to run for Mayor, Levi's rep Tank Jones insisted, "He's going to take political college courses. He's going to really deal with the issues."
And while Bristol was glad Levi "has not given up on completing his education", current Mayor of Wasilla, Alaska, Mayor Verne E. Rupright, urged Levi to finish his diploma first if he is serious about his intention. Verne told ET, "Well, it is a little early to declare."
"Usually most wait until the year the seat is up. But since I am nearly old enough to be Levi's grandfather I think it would be wise for him to get a high school diploma and keep his clothes on," Verne continued. "The voters like that!"
Levi Johnston is set run in the race on October 4, 2011. He told the site, "It's for real. I'm going to go there and do what I can. Obviously that's where I grew up and that's my home. It's always going to be home to me. [My son] Tripp's going to grow up there and I want to change a few things."
- Ivanka Trump Gets Booed by Audience During Berlin Summit, but She's 'Used to It'
- Watch Adam Levine's Heartfelt Tribute to Christina Grimmie on 'The Voice'
- Nick Gordon Has New Girlfriend, a Year After Bobbi Kristina Brown's Death
- Braless Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer One-Piece Swimsuit
- Shania Twain Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- 'Avengers 4' Title Won't Be 'Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet', Says James Gunn
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are 'Okay' Without Having Their Own Kids on Their Relationship
- 'Shadowhunters' Reveals First Look at Sebastian in Season 2B Promo