Fantasia Barrino Released From Hospital, 911 Call Obtained
Two days after hospitalized for an overdose of aspirin and a sleep aid, "American Idol" champ Fantasia Barrino has been released from a Charlotte, North Carolina hospital. Fantasia's manager, Brian Dickens, told People that the star left the medical center on late Wednesday, August 11.
"She has been lifted up by the outpouring of love and support from her fans," Brian informed. "She is more committed than ever to her daughter and her work because they are her heart, her soul and inspiration."
Meanwhile, on the same day Fantasia was released from the hospital, TMZ outed a 911 call made on Monday night, August 9. In the recording, a male voice, which is likely the voice of Brian, is heard telling police, "An individual took a bottle of Aspirin and she is slowly losing consciousness."
"I'm outside, but somebody is with her inside," the male voice is heard saying as operator asks him if Fantasia is alone. Further asked if the "Hood Boy" singer is bleeding, the male informs, "Yes. She's in the shower. Her family tried to put her in the shower to try to keep her awake until the paramedics get there," with the operator responding "Take her out of the shower and turn the water off."
According to Brian, the incident happened after he informed Fantasia that a woman named Paula Cook alleged that the singer has a sex tape with Antwaun Cook, who is a husband of Paula. Brian explained, on Tuesday, August 10, "Fantasia is heartbroken and is sorry for any pain she may have caused. Yesterday, she was totally overwhelmed by the lawsuit and the media attention."
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris