Alanis Morissette Pregnant With First Child
Alanis Morissette is heading to the journey of motherhood. The 36-year-old singer announced that she is currently expecting her first child with rapper husband Souleye, real name Mario Treadway, in an interview for the new edition of Us Weekly, which is on newsstands now. In a feature titled "25 Things You Don't Know About me", she listed, "I am pregnant!" as number 25.
Alanis also confirmed the happy news on her micro blogging site on Wednesday, August 11, tweeting "Yes, happy news... i'm pregnant :) we're so excited to start our family." The "Thank You" singer has previously shared her joy to build her own family with Mario, revealing "We're very excited to embark on this journey with each other."
Parents-to-be Alanis Morissette and Souleye walked down the aisle on Saturday, May 22 in an intimate ceremony at their Los Angeles home after dating since October 2009. In Us' "25 Things You Don't Know About Me" section, Alanis listed, "The smartest thing I have ever done is marry my husband, [rapper] Mario Treadway" as number six.
More Alanis Morissette News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival