First 'Burlesque' Clip: Christina Aguilera Belts Etta James Classic
Christina Aguilera is going to show off her incredible voice in "Burlesque", singing some numbers in the musical. Now, the first clip from the movie has been brought forward to highlight a scene in which the actress/singer is performing Etta James' "Something's Got a Hold on Me" in an eatery.
"Burlesque" tells the story of an aspiring singer, Aguilera's Ali, who moves to Los Angeles to pursue her dream. Landing a job as a cocktail waitress in The Burlesque Lounge, a majestic but ailing theater headlined by Cher's Tess, Ali vows to perform there one day.
With the help of a sharp-witted stage manager and gender-bending host, she makes her way from the bar to the stage. Her spectacular voice restores The Burlesque Lounge to its former glory, though not before a charismatic entrepreneur, played by Eric Dane, arrives with an enticing proposal.
Directed by Steve Antin, "Burlesque" also has the likes of Stanley Tucci, Julianne Hough, Kristen Bell and Cam Gigandet among the cast ensemble. This drama musical is targeted for November 24 release in the U.S.
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Reportedly Plans to Confront Tyga After Kylie Jenner Reunion