First 'Burlesque' Clip: Christina Aguilera Belts Etta James Classic
Christina Aguilera is going to show off her incredible voice in "Burlesque", singing some numbers in the musical. Now, the first clip from the movie has been brought forward to highlight a scene in which the actress/singer is performing Etta James' "Something's Got a Hold on Me" in an eatery.
"Burlesque" tells the story of an aspiring singer, Aguilera's Ali, who moves to Los Angeles to pursue her dream. Landing a job as a cocktail waitress in The Burlesque Lounge, a majestic but ailing theater headlined by Cher's Tess, Ali vows to perform there one day.
With the help of a sharp-witted stage manager and gender-bending host, she makes her way from the bar to the stage. Her spectacular voice restores The Burlesque Lounge to its former glory, though not before a charismatic entrepreneur, played by Eric Dane, arrives with an enticing proposal.
Directed by Steve Antin, "Burlesque" also has the likes of Stanley Tucci, Julianne Hough, Kristen Bell and Cam Gigandet among the cast ensemble. This drama musical is targeted for November 24 release in the U.S.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny