First 'Burlesque' Clip: Christina Aguilera Belts Etta James Classic
Christina Aguilera is going to show off her incredible voice in "Burlesque", singing some numbers in the musical. Now, the first clip from the movie has been brought forward to highlight a scene in which the actress/singer is performing Etta James' "Something's Got a Hold on Me" in an eatery.
"Burlesque" tells the story of an aspiring singer, Aguilera's Ali, who moves to Los Angeles to pursue her dream. Landing a job as a cocktail waitress in The Burlesque Lounge, a majestic but ailing theater headlined by Cher's Tess, Ali vows to perform there one day.
With the help of a sharp-witted stage manager and gender-bending host, she makes her way from the bar to the stage. Her spectacular voice restores The Burlesque Lounge to its former glory, though not before a charismatic entrepreneur, played by Eric Dane, arrives with an enticing proposal.
Directed by Steve Antin, "Burlesque" also has the likes of Stanley Tucci, Julianne Hough, Kristen Bell and Cam Gigandet among the cast ensemble. This drama musical is targeted for November 24 release in the U.S.
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4
- Drake's 'Views' Gets Quadruple-Platinum Certification
- Jimmy Kimmel Selected to Host 2017 Academy Awards
- Back on? Ryan Seacrest Spotted on Romantic Bike Ride With Ex Shayna Taylor in Venice
- Swoon Alert! Michelle Williams and James Van Der Beek Have 'Dawson's Creek' Mini Reunion
- Taylor Lautner Caught Making Out With His 'Scream Queens' Co-Star Billie Lourd
- Liam Payne's Facebook Is Hacked With Porn Images of Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry
- Optimus Prime Wants to Kill Bumblebee in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' First Teaser Trailer