First 'Burlesque' Clip: Christina Aguilera Belts Etta James Classic
Christina Aguilera is going to show off her incredible voice in "Burlesque", singing some numbers in the musical. Now, the first clip from the movie has been brought forward to highlight a scene in which the actress/singer is performing Etta James' "Something's Got a Hold on Me" in an eatery.
"Burlesque" tells the story of an aspiring singer, Aguilera's Ali, who moves to Los Angeles to pursue her dream. Landing a job as a cocktail waitress in The Burlesque Lounge, a majestic but ailing theater headlined by Cher's Tess, Ali vows to perform there one day.
With the help of a sharp-witted stage manager and gender-bending host, she makes her way from the bar to the stage. Her spectacular voice restores The Burlesque Lounge to its former glory, though not before a charismatic entrepreneur, played by Eric Dane, arrives with an enticing proposal.
Directed by Steve Antin, "Burlesque" also has the likes of Stanley Tucci, Julianne Hough, Kristen Bell and Cam Gigandet among the cast ensemble. This drama musical is targeted for November 24 release in the U.S.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce