Lady GaGa Explains Controversial Crowd-Surf-Kissing Stunt
On heels of complaint from family groups over her stage-dive-kissing stunt in semi-naked outfit, Lady GaGa offered her explanation. In an interview with Ryan Seacrest on his KIIS FM radio show, the "Just Dance" hitmaker said the controversial Lollapalooza stage act wasn't planned at all.
"I was so excited 'cause I haven't crowd-surfed in a long time 'cause no one lets me anymore," GaGa said. She was even not worried that someone would rip her fishnet off, stating "It was just great. I love Semi Precious [Weapons] so much and they're my band ... I don't know what came over me."
"I just got so excited and I remember playing that stage and what it felt like and they were doing such a great job and I was standing there with Lady Starlight and she was like 'can you imagine if you jumped into the crowd?' and so I said, 'f**k it' ... and I just jumped."
Beside talking about the risky stunt, GaGa also discussed her next studio installment. Some songs in it are inspired by the overturning of same-sex marriage banning in California and she "felt like it was a revolution, a gunshot went off." She added, "It was so exciting when it happened. For me, it was a moment that indicates it can happen in every state now."
"I was so happy, and I went right into the studio and I kept writing. I know I've been telling everybody my album is almost done, but I can't stop writing music. So, I don't know what I'm going to do. I might have to put out two records." While being careful not to spill too many beans about the new album, she told fans she already has "the sonic ideas and the message ideas" and she wants them to be put together in an innovative way.
Lady GaGa's interview:
Lady GaGa's Lollapalooza stunt:
More Lady GaGa News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce