Lady GaGa Explains Controversial Crowd-Surf-Kissing Stunt
On heels of complaint from family groups over her stage-dive-kissing stunt in semi-naked outfit, Lady GaGa offered her explanation. In an interview with Ryan Seacrest on his KIIS FM radio show, the "Just Dance" hitmaker said the controversial Lollapalooza stage act wasn't planned at all.
"I was so excited 'cause I haven't crowd-surfed in a long time 'cause no one lets me anymore," GaGa said. She was even not worried that someone would rip her fishnet off, stating "It was just great. I love Semi Precious [Weapons] so much and they're my band ... I don't know what came over me."
"I just got so excited and I remember playing that stage and what it felt like and they were doing such a great job and I was standing there with Lady Starlight and she was like 'can you imagine if you jumped into the crowd?' and so I said, 'f**k it' ... and I just jumped."
Beside talking about the risky stunt, GaGa also discussed her next studio installment. Some songs in it are inspired by the overturning of same-sex marriage banning in California and she "felt like it was a revolution, a gunshot went off." She added, "It was so exciting when it happened. For me, it was a moment that indicates it can happen in every state now."
"I was so happy, and I went right into the studio and I kept writing. I know I've been telling everybody my album is almost done, but I can't stop writing music. So, I don't know what I'm going to do. I might have to put out two records." While being careful not to spill too many beans about the new album, she told fans she already has "the sonic ideas and the message ideas" and she wants them to be put together in an innovative way.
Lady GaGa's interview:
More Lady GaGa News
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified