Sylvester Stallone to Do Something 'Radical' for 'Expendables' Sequel
As "The Expendables" is getting closer to the August 13 release in the U.S., Sylvester Stallone has started contemplating a sequel. Speaking to Los Angeles Times, the 64-year-old actor who serves as director and writer for the movie hopes that movie bosses will fund the second film if the action movie performs well. "If this does perform, I think it will open a little more liquidity in funding the sequel," he says.
Though the second "Expendables" film has not been given a green light yet, Stallone reveals that he already has plans for the follow-up, stating "I have an idea ready to go." Teasing further about the possible sequel, the depicter of main character Barney Ross in "Expendables" gushes, "People think doing a sequel is easy, but it's not because you need the element of surprise. I'm going to try to do something that's quite radical."
During the chat, Stallone has also admitted that he once feared "Expendables" will not get big results at box office, but it is eased a bit when he remembers that he broke his neck when doing his stunt. "It's a good omen," he says, before explaining "I didn't get a hangnail on the set of 'Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot'."
"The Expendables" itself is a hard-hitting action/thriller about a group of mercenaries hired to infiltrate a South American country and overthrow its ruthless dictator. Led by Sylvester Stallone's Barney Ross, the team consists of modern-day warriors portrayed by Jason Statham, Jet Li, Terry Crews and Randy Couture.
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert