Sylvester Stallone to Do Something 'Radical' for 'Expendables' Sequel
As "The Expendables" is getting closer to the August 13 release in the U.S., Sylvester Stallone has started contemplating a sequel. Speaking to Los Angeles Times, the 64-year-old actor who serves as director and writer for the movie hopes that movie bosses will fund the second film if the action movie performs well. "If this does perform, I think it will open a little more liquidity in funding the sequel," he says.
Though the second "Expendables" film has not been given a green light yet, Stallone reveals that he already has plans for the follow-up, stating "I have an idea ready to go." Teasing further about the possible sequel, the depicter of main character Barney Ross in "Expendables" gushes, "People think doing a sequel is easy, but it's not because you need the element of surprise. I'm going to try to do something that's quite radical."
During the chat, Stallone has also admitted that he once feared "Expendables" will not get big results at box office, but it is eased a bit when he remembers that he broke his neck when doing his stunt. "It's a good omen," he says, before explaining "I didn't get a hangnail on the set of 'Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot'."
"The Expendables" itself is a hard-hitting action/thriller about a group of mercenaries hired to infiltrate a South American country and overthrow its ruthless dictator. Led by Sylvester Stallone's Barney Ross, the team consists of modern-day warriors portrayed by Jason Statham, Jet Li, Terry Crews and Randy Couture.
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?