Sylvester Stallone to Do Something 'Radical' for 'Expendables' Sequel
As "The Expendables" is getting closer to the August 13 release in the U.S., Sylvester Stallone has started contemplating a sequel. Speaking to Los Angeles Times, the 64-year-old actor who serves as director and writer for the movie hopes that movie bosses will fund the second film if the action movie performs well. "If this does perform, I think it will open a little more liquidity in funding the sequel," he says.
Though the second "Expendables" film has not been given a green light yet, Stallone reveals that he already has plans for the follow-up, stating "I have an idea ready to go." Teasing further about the possible sequel, the depicter of main character Barney Ross in "Expendables" gushes, "People think doing a sequel is easy, but it's not because you need the element of surprise. I'm going to try to do something that's quite radical."
During the chat, Stallone has also admitted that he once feared "Expendables" will not get big results at box office, but it is eased a bit when he remembers that he broke his neck when doing his stunt. "It's a good omen," he says, before explaining "I didn't get a hangnail on the set of 'Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot'."
"The Expendables" itself is a hard-hitting action/thriller about a group of mercenaries hired to infiltrate a South American country and overthrow its ruthless dictator. Led by Sylvester Stallone's Barney Ross, the team consists of modern-day warriors portrayed by Jason Statham, Jet Li, Terry Crews and Randy Couture.
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck