Sylvester Stallone to Do Something 'Radical' for 'Expendables' Sequel
As "The Expendables" is getting closer to the August 13 release in the U.S., Sylvester Stallone has started contemplating a sequel. Speaking to Los Angeles Times, the 64-year-old actor who serves as director and writer for the movie hopes that movie bosses will fund the second film if the action movie performs well. "If this does perform, I think it will open a little more liquidity in funding the sequel," he says.
Though the second "Expendables" film has not been given a green light yet, Stallone reveals that he already has plans for the follow-up, stating "I have an idea ready to go." Teasing further about the possible sequel, the depicter of main character Barney Ross in "Expendables" gushes, "People think doing a sequel is easy, but it's not because you need the element of surprise. I'm going to try to do something that's quite radical."
During the chat, Stallone has also admitted that he once feared "Expendables" will not get big results at box office, but it is eased a bit when he remembers that he broke his neck when doing his stunt. "It's a good omen," he says, before explaining "I didn't get a hangnail on the set of 'Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot'."
"The Expendables" itself is a hard-hitting action/thriller about a group of mercenaries hired to infiltrate a South American country and overthrow its ruthless dictator. Led by Sylvester Stallone's Barney Ross, the team consists of modern-day warriors portrayed by Jason Statham, Jet Li, Terry Crews and Randy Couture.
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'