Lady GaGa's Stage-Dive-Kissing Stunt Slammed by Family Groups
Lady GaGa has upset family groups with her recent crowd-surf-kissing stunt at Lollapalooza music festival. The 24-year-old Interscope artist who is well known for her stage antics is criticized for having "pushed the boundaries of acceptable behavior" with her semi-naked performance.
Dubbed as "a cultural icon with fans of all ages," GaGa is slammed by people at Family Circle, a magazine for moms raising teens and tweens, for failing to become a role model for her young fans. The community told the press, "As parents, we can't sit on the sidelines; it's our job to counteract the messages that equate cool and sexy with public nudity and random hook ups."
"Many of her teen and tween fans had a front row seat to the show," they stated more of what bothering them. "Today's kids are savvy and they know the difference between image and reality, but they're still kids at heart, desperately seeking role models and ground rules to live by."
Also sounding off protest for the risky stunt is the Catholic League. They said, "If a young gal on Spring Break did what Lady GaGa did--throwing herself half-naked into a crowd of crazies--we'd say she was a drunken fool ... But when Lady Gaga does it, somehow it's considered artistic. This is all so totally surreal that we expect she'll sue the guys who grabbed her for sexual harassment."
Lady GaGa's makeout stunt happened during her pals Semi Precious Weapon's set on August 6, the first day of the three-day festivity. The stunt included a lock-lip session with the band's frontman Justin Tranter.
More Lady GaGa News
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat
- Did Katy Perry Secretly Undergo Plastic Surgery?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Spark Rise in Bel-Air Property Prices
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia