George Clooney Highlighted in 'The American' Featurette
One more look into "The American" is shared in the form of a featurette titled "George Clooney". Consequently, the video puts the actor in the spotlight as he tackles the role of master craftsman named Jack who is doing his last assassin job in an Italian countryside.
Producer Grant Heslov said, "It's a different kind of role and a different kind of performance [than] I have seen him in before." Co-star Violante Placido praised, "I like that he can change so much". The actor is also credited for his "eye of director" which helped the crew in doing their job.
Clooney is working with director Anton Corbijn who has created numerous iconic photos and is challenged to find out how his job is translated into feature film. Apart from directing the movie, he also took pictures from the set which would be released in a book this Fall.
"The American" is released in theaters across the United States on September 1. Jack reports to the Italian countryside, where he holes up in a small town and relishes being away from death for a spell. The assignment, as specified by a Belgian woman, Mathilde, is in the offing as a weapon is constructed. Surprising himself, Jack seeks out the friendship of local priest Father Benedetto and pursues romance with local woman Clara. But by stepping out of the shadows, Jack may be tempting fate.
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free
- Britney Spears Recalls Being on 'Awkward' Dates, Says 'Being Famous Doesn't Make You Any Different'
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami