George Clooney Highlighted in 'The American' Featurette
One more look into "The American" is shared in the form of a featurette titled "George Clooney". Consequently, the video puts the actor in the spotlight as he tackles the role of master craftsman named Jack who is doing his last assassin job in an Italian countryside.
Producer Grant Heslov said, "It's a different kind of role and a different kind of performance [than] I have seen him in before." Co-star Violante Placido praised, "I like that he can change so much". The actor is also credited for his "eye of director" which helped the crew in doing their job.
Clooney is working with director Anton Corbijn who has created numerous iconic photos and is challenged to find out how his job is translated into feature film. Apart from directing the movie, he also took pictures from the set which would be released in a book this Fall.
"The American" is released in theaters across the United States on September 1. Jack reports to the Italian countryside, where he holes up in a small town and relishes being away from death for a spell. The assignment, as specified by a Belgian woman, Mathilde, is in the offing as a weapon is constructed. Surprising himself, Jack seeks out the friendship of local priest Father Benedetto and pursues romance with local woman Clara. But by stepping out of the shadows, Jack may be tempting fate.
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Iggy Azalea Sparks Butt Implant Rumors With Instagram Photo. What Expert Says?
- Cara Delevingne Fuels St. Vincent Engagement Rumors With This Photo
- New Trailer for Baz Luhrmann's 'The Get Down' Turns Shady Life Into Hope
- 'Moana' Characters Unveiled in New Posters
- Watch Usher, Josh Groban and More Tell Politicians 'Don't Use Our Song' in New Clip
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC