Timur Bekmambetov to Direct 'Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter' Himself
News that Timur Bekmambetov will team up with Tim Burton to produce "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" has emerged in March this year. Since then, Bekmambetov has thought of tackling the movie himself as its director.
"That one I'm prepping to direct myself," he said in an interview with Empire to talk about his latest projects. "It is not a comedy at all - it is a very entertaining, epic history lesson for millions and millions of teenagers. If you remember 'Nightwatch', it is maybe in the vein of that kind of movie."
Regarding his vision for the movie adapted from Seth Grahame-Smith's novel, he said, "We are keeping the traditional look of Lincoln - the big hat and the beard. He has to be historically correct, but with a few special weapons."
Bekmambetov hopes the movie will start shooting this winter in America. Further down the road, he said, "There is only one book, but there will be many opportunities to develop and explore this world if we get to do sequels."
Speaking about sequel, the director is also attached to direct "Wanted 2". He said, "We are discussing 'Wanted 2' every month. We are working on it now, but I think it will be after 'Lincoln' because James (McAvoy) is working on the 'X-Men: First Class'. It's why I decided to develop Lincoln without a studio, to keep control. It's a big movie but independent too."
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly