Timur Bekmambetov to Direct 'Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter' Himself
News that Timur Bekmambetov will team up with Tim Burton to produce "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" has emerged in March this year. Since then, Bekmambetov has thought of tackling the movie himself as its director.
"That one I'm prepping to direct myself," he said in an interview with Empire to talk about his latest projects. "It is not a comedy at all - it is a very entertaining, epic history lesson for millions and millions of teenagers. If you remember 'Nightwatch', it is maybe in the vein of that kind of movie."
Regarding his vision for the movie adapted from Seth Grahame-Smith's novel, he said, "We are keeping the traditional look of Lincoln - the big hat and the beard. He has to be historically correct, but with a few special weapons."
Bekmambetov hopes the movie will start shooting this winter in America. Further down the road, he said, "There is only one book, but there will be many opportunities to develop and explore this world if we get to do sequels."
Speaking about sequel, the director is also attached to direct "Wanted 2". He said, "We are discussing 'Wanted 2' every month. We are working on it now, but I think it will be after 'Lincoln' because James (McAvoy) is working on the 'X-Men: First Class'. It's why I decided to develop Lincoln without a studio, to keep control. It's a big movie but independent too."
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart
- Childish Gambino Releases Virtual Reality Video for 'Me and Your Mama'
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online