Weezer Put 'Lost' Actor Jorge Garcia on 'Hurley' Cover Art
After debuting brand new single "Memories" from their upcoming studio effort "Hurley", Weezer move on to unleash artwork for the album cover art. Jorge Garcia, the actor who plays a character of the album's same name in "Lost", is put on the highlight.
The picture is cut from a photo taken earlier this year which sees frontman Rivers Cuomo standing next to Garcia. "We struggled super hard trying to come up with an album title, trying to find some kind of phrase that summed up the whole aesthetic behind the album: 'Heavy Mental,' 'Smaller Than Life'," frontman Rivers Cuomo told Spinner.
"I was coming up with all kinds of stuff, but ultimately, we just went with some random word that doesn't really have anything to do with anything. I just loved this photo of Jorge Garcia -- it just had this amazing vibe," he continued. "We didn't want to do a fourth self-titled record and we knew people would refer to it as 'the Hurley record' even if left it without that title, so we just called it 'Hurley.' No words are on the cover because all we wanted was his amazing face."
"Hurley" is going to be released in United States on September 14 via their new home Epitaph Records. "This is the 3rd new Weezer album in 3 years, an unprecidented feat for the weez thats reminiscent of the olden days in the '60s when bands released new stuff on a tight schedule," the band's camp wrote on their official site.
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'