Levi Johnston Scores Reality Show After Bristol Palin Break-Up
Levi Johnston, the guy who made headlines for having a baby with Sarah Palin's daughter Bristol Palin while they were teens, is gearing up a reality show that would bring into light his passion in politics. "Loving Levi: The Road to the Mayor's Office" is a look into Johnston's struggle to achieve a position as the mayor of Wasilla, Alaska.
Speaking of the deal he struck with producers Scott Stone and David Weintraub of Stone and Co., Johnston said, "The more I think about it and look into it, I think there's a possibility we can make it happen." He admitted to not leaning fully to the idea at the first place but later felt "it's something that I want to do."
On why he chose to have it all on camera, Johnston reasoned, "It's hard to figure me out. You've got to follow me around. I'm very different. I lead a crazy life. But it will basically be both worlds, my life in Hollywood and back home, the real country boy that I am."
Pre-production has been in motion and shooting will proceed in Los Angeles this week when Johnston makes a trip back to Alaska. His baby's mother Bristol will not be part of the show, it was explained. Several networks are said to be interested already.
A statement released by exec producer Canaan Rubin to Us Magazine reads, "[The] series will chronicle a 'no-holds-barred' period in Levi's tumultuous life; co-raising his son Tripp, looking for love, and taking care of business for his fellow Wasillians. He will give us a real inside look into who he is as a father, a skilled hunter, an avid dirt biker, and of course his journey down the road of small town politics - right after he gets his high school diploma."
"Levi thinks he can take the office by representing the real citizens of Wasilla. If elected, Levi promises to serve his full term. Tank Jones will serve as Levi's campaign manager," the statement continues.
Levi Johnston and Bristol Palin split again last month after announcing their second engagement. "Oh, we're friends. The ring's off, but we're friends, so everything's good," Johnston revealed to People during Teen Choice Awards appearance on Sunday, August 8.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture